Chicken Shami Kebab are very famous recipe of minced meat of chicken eaten a lot in everyday menu as a snack. Chicken Shami kebab is also loved by those who does not eat red meat. Those who eat only white meat they love to make an eat these Chicken Shami Kebab. Chicken Shami Kebab is little spicy and very much delicious in taste.
Chicken Shami Kebab Taste & Texture:
Chicken Shami Kabab is flat round in shape of a patty, little spicy and fully moist tender from inside and crispy from outside.
Chicken Shami Kebab Made With:
Chicken Shami Kebab can be made with chicken boneless, chana daal, ginger, garlic, onion, fresh coriander leaves, green chillies, mint leaves, lemon juice, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, pepper corns, black cardamoms, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, mace and green cardamom powder, salt and oil for shallow frying. To serve you need onion rings and green spicy chutni.
Recipe Of Chicken Shemi Kabab:
Preparation time 45-50 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Boneless chicken 600 gm
Split Bengal gram (chana daal) 1 cup
Ginger 2 inch piece
Garlic 10-12 cloves
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Mint leaves 2 tbsp
Lemon juice 2 tsp
Oil to shallow fry
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Coriander seeds 1 tsp
Large cardamoms 3-4
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Mace and cardamom powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Wash the boneless chicken and drain out excess moisture.
2. Soak chana daal for at least three hours. Peel and chop ginger and garlic finely.
3. Chop the onions, coriander leaves, mint leaves and mix them with lemon juice to make a stuffing.
4. Divide into sixteen equal portions and keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, peppercorns and large cardamom, stir-fry for half a minute on medium heat.
6. Add chopped ginger, garlic and chilli powder.
7. Add boneless chicken and chana daal.
8. Add two cups of water and bring to a boil.
9. Reduce heat, cook covered till chana daal is completely cooked.
10. Cook on high heat to dry out the mixture completely, stirring continuously.
11. Remove from heat and cool.
12. Mince chicken and chana daal mixture to a smooth consistency.
13. Add garam masala powder, mace and cardamom powder and salt.
14. Mix well and check the seasoning.
15. Divide into sixteen equal portions.
16. Flatten one in the palm of your hand and place a portion of onion stuffing in the centre.
17. Shape into roundels and flatten slightly.
18. Similarly shape the rest of the chicken mixture and stuffing.
19. Shallow fry till golden brown.
20. Serve hot with onion rings and mint chutney.
After cooking chicken mixture, if it is too moist, add roasted gram flour (besan) or powdered roasted chana daal as per your requirement.
Chicken Shami Kebab Served:
Chicken Shami Kebab can be served as it is with tea along with spicy chutni or any dip sauce of your choice. It can also be served in dawats at home. Chicken Shami Kebab can also be mostly eaten in Eid-ul-fitr and Eid-ul-azha dawats.Add to Favourites