Fish Salan is a delectable dish of seafood fish cooked in a gravy which is slightly spicy and completely delicious. Fish Salan is very easy to make and a pleasure to eat by all seafood fish lovers. Fish Salan is a recipe which is in a list of your favorite dishes.
Fish Salan Delectable & Nutritious:
Fish Salan can be made delectable because of ingredients to make delectable, smooth and delicious salan gravy which is very much helathy and nutritious in taste and health of all.
Fish Salan Made With:
Fish Salan can be made with fish cut into slices, coconut grated, coconut milk powder, sesame seeds, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, poppy seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder, green chillies, garlic cloves, oil, onion finely sliced, curry leaves , tamarind and salt.
Recipe Of Fish Salan:
Preparation time 35-49 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Fish cut into slices ½ kg
Coconut grated 1 small
Coconut milk powder ½ cup
Sesame seeds 2 tsp
Coriander seeds 2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Poppy seeds 2 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Green chilies 2
Garlic 2 – 3 cloves
Oil 2 tbsp
Onion sliced fine 1
Curry leaves few
Tamarind 2 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp
Instruction For Cooking:
1. To make Masala grind the sesame seeds, coriander cumin , mustard, poppy seeds, grated coconut, chili powder, turmeric, garlic and 1 onion to a fine paste.
2. Soak the tamarind in 1/2 cup of water. Heat oil and add the sliced onion and fry till crisp.
3. Put in the masala paste and fry till the oil separates.
4. Now add the fish pieces and sauté gently.
5. Pour in the dissolved coconut milk and add salt along with the curry leaves.
6. Gently simmer till done. Lastly add the tamarind water and again simmer a little.
Variation In Fish Salan:
Fish Salan can be made more variable by adding fresh finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing which gives nice aroma to this salan and also gives color to it.
Fish Salan Served:
Fish Salan can be served at any restaurant, dhaba (local cafe) and at home in lunch/dinner. It can also be served with steamed rice and roti/chapati or any type of naan of your own choice along with any raita and salad, lemon slices to squeeze.Add to Favourites