All of you might think why this recipe sound like this, when you see the name of the recipe Railway Curry. Let me clear you why we named this recipe called Railway Curry because this is the dish which can be served in the train dining menu, on the first class dining. But know you can make this special curry recipe at home by yourself.
Railway Curry Made With:
Railway Curry made with chicken/mutton, ginger piece, coriander seeds, dry red chillies, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, potato cubed and fried, oil, onions, curry leaves, coconut milk, salt, tamarind pulp and ghee.
Fried diced Potatoes Gives Nice Aromatic Flavour To Railway Curry:
Through the diced fried potato pieces in the gravy which gives nice aromatic taste and mix to the Railway Curry.
Recipe Of Railway Curry:
Preparation time 45-50 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Chicken or mutton 1 kg
Ginger a piece
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Coriander seeds 2 tbsp
Dry red chillies 8-10
Garlic ginger paste 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Potato (cubed and fried) 1
Oil 2 tbsp
Onions (sliced) 2
Curry leaves 8-10
Coconut milk 1/2 cup
Salt 1 tsp
Tamarind pulp 2 tbsp
Ghee 1 tbsp
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Make a stock with chicken or mutton bones, whatever you are using, with about a litre of water, a piece of ginger and keep boiling till it reduces to about half.
2. Put about 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 tbsp coriander seeds, dry red chillies garlic ginger paste in a blender and make a paste.
3. Add the turmeric powder. Lightly fry potatoes and keep aside.
4. Heat oil. Add onions and curry leaves and fry.
5. Add the masala paste and fry quickly on high heat and add the meat, potatoes and strained reduced stock and coconut milk and salt to taste.
6. Let it cook till done. When chicken or meat and potatoes are done, add about 2 tbsp of tamarind pulp, a little ghee and take off fire.
7. Serve with steamed rice.
Variation In Railway Curry:
You Can make this Railway Curry more variable by adding some other little ingredients like coriander fresh chopped leaves, which gives more aroma to your curry.
Railway Curry Served:
Railway Curry can be served usually with steamed rice or also can be served wit naan, chapati and roti, along with the onion rings, tomato and cucumber slices and lemon to squeeze when eat.Add to Favourites