All of us mostly make Tahiri only with potatoes by adding rice and spices but you can also make Vegetable Tahiri following this recipe. Vegetable Tahiri is really very much delicious, little spicy and colorful rice dish which can make everyone happy
especially those who are vegetable lovers.
Vegetable Tahiri Newer Version Of Tahiri:
Vegetable Tahiri is a newer version of Tahiri with little changes in spices and adding more vegetables to make this Tahiri more delicious and called Vegetable Tahiri.
Vegetable Tahiri Made With:
Vegetable Tahiri can be made with rice, red lentil, mixed vegetables (potato, carrot, cauliflower and peas), green chillies, ghee or oil, bay leaves, sugar, mixed whole spices, cumin seeds, onion, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, garam masala powder, chopped fresh coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
Recipe Of Vegetable Tahiri:
Preparation time 45-50 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Rice 2 cups
Red lentils 1 cup
Mixed vegetables (potatoes, carrots,
cauliflower, peas) 1 cup
Green chillies 2
Ghee or oil 2 tbsp
Bay leaves 2
Sugar ½ tsp
Mixed whole spices 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Onion chopped 1
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Chopped coriander leaves
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Wash and drain rice and lentils and leave soaked for few minutes.
2. Heat oil or ghee and add bay leaves , sugar and mixed whole spices.
3. Add cumin followed by onion, garlic ginger paste, and green chillies.
4. When light brown add the chopped vegetables. Add rice and dal.
5. Add in some red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and some garam masala powder.
6. Mix and add water and cook till done.
7. Squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle coriander leaves before serving.
Variation In Vegetable Tahiri:
Vegetable Tahiri can be made more variable by adding mint leaves, green beans (sem ki phali), sweet corn and also you can add plums while putting on dum (steam) to make this Vegetable Tahiri more delicious and tangy in taste.
Vegetable Tahiri Served:
Vegetable Tahiri can be served usually at homes in lunch/dinner time along with the raita and salad of your choice.Add to Favourites