White Sauce can refer to a variety of sauces widely depending on region or type of cuisine. White Sauce being the base sauce is used as an ingredient in the preparation of many recipes like casseroles, soups, gravies and sauces. White Sauce can also be used as a simple thickener for stews and existing gravies.
White Sauce Known As A Basic Mother Sauce:
White Sauce is one of the mother sauces of cuisine and is used in many recipes for example lasagna. White Sauce is the most basic White Sauce from which numerous other sauces stem.
Recipe Of White Sauce:
Prepaation time 30 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Milk 3 cups
Plain flour 1/2 cup
Butter 1 tbsp
Cheese grated 2 tbsp
Salt To taste
Pepper To taste
Instruction For Cooking:
1. In a dry heavy sauce pan, dry roast the flour till light pinkish in colour.
2. Remove and keep aside to cool.
3. Melt butter in the pan, add half the milk.
4. Mix the remaining milk in the cooled flour to form a smooth paste.
5. When milk comes to a boil, add paste and stir continuously.
6. Bring back to a boil.
7. Cook till the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon thickly.
8. Sprinkle salt and fresh ground pepper and stir to mix well.
9. Add grated cheese to the mixture.
10. Use as required in individual recipes.
White Sauce As A Variation In Many Dishes:
Making a White Sauce is easy to prepare and can be just the thing for making a variety of simple and delicious meals. White Sauce can add richness to your delicious lunch and dinner dishes.
Variation In White Sauce:
For giving different variations in the White Sauce you can add more cheese for cheese sauce and a little mustard for extra flavour. For different flavour try paprika, mushrooms which make good gravy of White Sauce.Add to Favourites