Achari Chana Pulao is a brilliant twist in bringing out the pickle flavour in the rice and chana (chickpea) cooked together spiced with achar (pickle). This rice based Achari Chana Pulao is tangy, highly aromatic and pickle flavoured pulao that most of us cant resist without taking a bite.
Chana Cooked In Achari Chana Pulao Healthy:
Chana when cooked in this Achari Chana Pulao tastes extremely good as it is nutritious and a healthy option.
Achari Chana Pulao Heavenly Divine & Extremely Delectable:
Achari Chana Pulao is just heavenly, divine and extremely delectable. Achaari Chana Pulao is one such fantastic rice prepartion that can be served when you have guest who visit you without prior intimation.
Recipe Of Achari Chana Pulao:
Prepartion time 30-40 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
Chickpea soaked overnight & boiled 1 cup
Oil 2 tbsp
Rice 2 cups
Onion finely sliced 1 big
Green chillies slit 5-6
Bay leaves 2-3
Fennel seeds 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Kalonji seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds 1/2 tsp
Garam masala freshly ground 2 tbsp
Hing A pinch
Ginger Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Haldi powder 1/2 tsp
Mustard powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 2 tsp
Mango achar 2 tbsp
Salt To taste
Mint leaves fresh Few
Coriander leaves Fresh finely chopped few
Instruction For Cooking:
1.Take a pan and add some ghee. When the ghee gets hot, add bay leaves, mustard seeds and when they crackle, add fennel seeds, kalonji, cumin, fenugreek seeds and fry till you get a nice aroma lingering around the room.
2. Add coarsely crushed garam masala, sliced onions and sauté the onions are transparent. Add salt, green chillies, hing, turmeric, ginger garlic paste, cook well until the raw flavours are gone.
3. In a separate bowl take some yogurt, add mustard powder, coriander powder, chilli pd, mango achaar and mix well. Mix this yogurt spice into the channa masala and mix well.
4. Add the soaked basmati rice (soak rice for at least 1-2 hours and drain the water off). Spread the rice evenly over the channa masala and pour about 4 cups of water for 2 cups of rice and add salt, finely chopped mint leaves and coriander.
5. Cover the pan with a lid and cook over slow flame till the rice is cooked and done.
6. Once done, serve piping hot.
Uses Of Achari Chana Pulao:
This Achari Chana Pulao is one such simple and delectable meal that can be eaten on its own without any side dish or curry.Add to Favourites