Apricot Delight is a very popular sweet dish of Hyderabadi cuisine. When you listen or reading the name of this recipe Apricot Delight it can surely tantalize your taste buds and you will crave to eat this imediately. This recipe of Apricot Delight is very easy to make this delicious sweet dish easily at home.
Apricot Delight Common Feature Dessert At Weddings:
Apricot Delight is a most common feature dessert at weddings especially at Hyderabadi weddings. Apricot Delight is love by a huge number of people to eat at occasions or weddings.
Apricot Delight Made With:
Apricot Delight can be made with apricots, sugar, water, cream, caramel or crunch or vanilla ice cream to serve with, plain cake as required, vanilla custard, orange jelly and lemon juice.
Recipe Of Apricot Delight:
Preparation time 45-55 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Apricots 250 gm
Sugar 60 gm
Water 400 ml
Cream 2 cups
Caramel or crunch or vanilla ice cream to serve with
Plain cake as required
Vanilla custard 2 cups
Orange jelly 1 sachet
Lemon juice 1/2 tsp
Instruction For Making:
1. Wash and soak the apricots in water overnight.
2.Mash and stone the apricots.
3. Break open the stone and remove the nuts.
4. Cook the mixture of apricot until it starts thickening.
5. Add sugar and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Add lemon juice and allow the mixture to cool.
7. Make two cups of vanilla custard and keep aside.
8. Dissolve orange jelly sachet in hot water, let set.
9. In individual serving glasses, place cake piece first and then put the jelly cubes.
10. Pour apricot puree and then a layer of custard. Next a thick layer of cream. Chill.
11. Just before serving, add a dollop of caramel ice cream and sprinkle the nuts over it.
Apricot Delight Another Known Name:
Apricot Delight have another known very famous name “khoobani ka meetha”. this is called mostly by this name and Apricot Delight is its another name with little few more ingredients added to make.
Apricot Delight Served:
Apricot Delight can be usually served at any restaurant, ice cream parlors or at homes too as a sweet dish/ dessert. Apricot Delight can be served and decorate with blanched almonds or apricot kernels and it is traditionally served or garnished with malai/cream. Apricot Delight can also be served with custard or ice cream of your own choice.Add to Favourites