Badam Halwa Healthy & Nutritious:
In Badam Halwa (almond) badam is the main ingredient. Evereyone knows that badam are virtual powerhouse of nutrients, they are high in mono unsaturated fats and are loaded with protein, fibre, calcium, magnesium, potassium and vitamin E.
Recipe Of Badam Halwa:
Preparation time 40-45 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Badam 3 cup
Ghee 2+2 tbsp
Milk 1/2 cup
Sugar 3 cup
Yellow food colour As required
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Soak almond/badam for 2-3 hors (suitable if soaked overnight) & peel off the skin before preparing this dish or boil them for 30 mins incase of last minute preparation.
2. Put the peeled almonds in a blender and add milk to it. It should be enough to cover them .
3. Blend it into a coarse paste. Avoid thin texture of paste due to excess of milk.
4. Heat the pan & add 2 tbspn ghee to it . As ghee melts add badam mixture & give a quick stir.
5. Add sugar keeping in mind 1:1 ratio of almond:
sugar (more sugar can be added as per taste)
Alternative Tip: dilute the sugar by making sugar syrup & then adding it to the badam mixture.
6. Constantly stir the mixture as it can stick & burn from bottom.
7. Add Saffron & constantly stir as it boils from bottom.(Food color is optional if required)
8. Add additional 2tbspn of ghee while its boiling. Constant stirring is a must till ghee starts oozing out.
9. Once halwa seperates out ghee its time to put it in a container & is ready to be served.
10. Garnish it with grated almonds/badam.
Very Usefull Tip For Making Badam Halwa:
To prepare Badam Halwa make sure you have high energy and are in true spirit to cook because when you start off cooking you will need to stirr and stirr continiously as it takes nearly half hour to cook the Badam Halwa. If you relax, the halwa can burn in a second and spoil the taste of halwa.
How To Enhance Badam Halwa Flavour:
As Badam Halwa is a rich dessert, do add sufficient ghee which enhances the flavour and taste and further will make it easy to cook so that risk of halwa sticking at the bottom of the vessel is avoided.
Add to Favourites