Badam (almond) Milk is a beverage from ground almonds, occasionally used as a substitute for dairy milk. Badam Milk is slightly beige in color and has a creamy texture and nutty taste.
Origin Of Badam Milk:
Badam Milk is famous in Pakistan and all over the world. Historically, Badam Milk was also called amgydalate.
Recipe Of Badam Milk:
Preparation time 6-7 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Almonds (badam) 1 cup
Pistachios (pista) 1 cup
Milk 4 cups (chilled in summer , warm in winter)
Sugar to taste
Cardamom powder 1 tsp
kewra essence 2 tbsp (optional)
Rose water 2 tsp
Saffron strands few strands
1. Take the almonds and pistachios an a food processor/grinder.
2. Many people like the almond to remove their skin before grinding them, you can remove it by soaking the almonds in hot hot water for 5 minutes and then press the almonds between your thumb and index finger.
3. Add half cup of milk and grind well to make a smooth paste.
4. Now add the remaining milk, sugar, kewra essence,cardamom powder and rose water into the above paste.
5. Blend well and pour into 5 glasses equally.
6. This is ready to serve. Top each glass with few strands of saffron and few silvered almond.
7. Serve chilled or warm in glasses.
Health benefits Of Badam Milk:
This Badam Milk is not only a tasty recipe but a healthy recipe too and contains many nutrtious ingredients. The Main ingredient using to make this Badam Milk is almonds which are rich in nutrients including fiber, vitamin E, magnesium, selenium, manganese, zinc, potassium,iron, phosphorus,tryptophan, copper and calcium.
Uses Of Badam Milk:
Badam Milk is a refreshing drink. Badam Milk can be a replacment of buttermilk. It can also b used in making soup, cereal, baking, puddings, ice cream and smoothies.
Variation In Badam Milk:
Adding strawberries in Badam Milk can make a delicious drink. You can also make milk shakes by adding different fruits in Badam Milk.Add to Favourites