Besan Ladoo are rich, sweet dessert-snack made from gently roasted gram flour (besan). Besan Ladoo are made up of gram flour, ghee, sugar and cardamom powder. Even though Besan Ladoo is a simple recipe with few steps.
Tough Part Of Making Besan Ladoo:
The recipe of Besan Ladoo is very simple but this is only one step is tough in this recipe to make it. The tough step of this recipe is the stirring of the besan in the ghee continiously until it gets an even brown colour and a nutty flavour.
Besan Ladoo Is Most Common Recipe:
Besan Ladoo is one of the most common recipe of sweets dessert all over the world especially in Pakistani and Indian community.
Recipe Of Besan Ladoo:
Preparation time 30-40 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Besan 250 gram
Ghee 100 gram
Sugar grinded 250 gram
Cardamom powder 1 tsp
Pistachio powder 1 tsp
Grounded almonds & pistachio As required
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Dry roast the besan or chickpea flour in a kadai or a pan in a low flame. stirring often so that besan gets browned evenly and does not burn.
2. The besan still being roasted and after 10 mins. the color has changed a bit.
3. After 11-12 mins, add ghee.
4. Mix well and and continue to stir for about 5-6 minutes. it will start releasing ghee and will give a nice fragrant aroma.
5. If you add the sugar before the besan is cooked fully then your besan ladoo will have taste of uncooked besan and won’t be tasty.
6. So wait for these two signs (nutty fragrance and besan will release ghee) before adding sugar in next step.
7. Remove the kadai or pan from the stove and keep down. add the powdered sugar.
8. Add the pistachio powder and stir well so that no lumps are formed.
9. Let the besan mixture become warm or cool down and then shape into medium sized besan ladoos.
10.Store besan ladoo in air tight container and serve when required.
Two Ways Of Making Besan Ladoo:
1. In the first method the besan or gram flour is roasted in ghee till it start giving a nutty fragrance. This method has a slight different texture.
2. Another very common method used in making these ladoos is to dry roast the gram flour or besan first and then add the ghee after some time and roast it further till it star giving nutty fragrance.
Variation In Besan Ladoo:
To make them more variable, tasty and healthy, you can add dry fruits like almonds, raisins, cashews. It is surely gives a scrumptios and nutty taste to your ladoos.Add to Favourites