Bhindi Masala is a traditional Maharashtrian style spicy bhindi. Bhindi Masala made with okra that is deep fried and added to a spicy and tangy spice mix powder that makes the okra delicious, flavourful and mouth- watering. The fried cashew nuts added to this dish to enhances the flavours and gives crunchiness to the dish.
Health Benefits Of Bhindi Masala:
There are several health benefits of eating Bhindi Masala. Bhindi is a popular health food as it is high in fibre, vitamin C and folate content. It is also high in oxidants and is also often eaten as a part of a weight loss diet since it is fat free and cholestrol free.
Recipe Of Bhindi Masala:
Preparation time 40-45 minutes
Serves 5=6 people
Kala masala 1 tsp (optional)
Garam masala powder pinch
Turmeric powder pinch
Amchur powder 1 tsp
Zeera powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Roasted peanut powder 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Sesame seeds 1 tbsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Cashew nuts halved 1/4 cup
Bhindi small sized 250 gram
Salt to taste
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Freshly grated coconut 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves chopped 1 springs
Oil for deep frying
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Just slit on one side of the small okras and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a kadai to deep fry the okras, when the oil is enough, deep fry the okra pieces until crisp. Remove, drain the oil and shift into a bowl and keep aside.
3. Take some cashew nuts and deep fry until slightly golden in colour. Remove and add this to the okra.
4. In another pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and add sesame seeds, sauté and when they sizzle, switch off the flame and add red chilli powder, roasted peanut powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, amchur powder, pinch of turmeric and garam masala, goda masala, salt to taste, sugar, freshly grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
5. Mix all these ingredients well. Add in the fried okra and cashew nuts to this spice masala and mix well (add little oil if required). Serve hot.
Variation In Bhindi Masala:
In Bhindi Masala you can add half fried onion pieces and mix with the bhindi and spices, this enhances the taste and flavour of the Bhindi Masala.
Uses Of Bhindi Masala:
Bhindi Masala is served oftenly included in our daily diet menu in lunch time. Bhindi Masala is an excellant and popular main course dish among all in restaurants and at home and it is served with chapati, naan, or rice and lenti curry.Add to Favourites