Chargha is an extremely flavourful dish made with whole chicken or chicken breast. It is usually marinated in a special Chargha masala, ginger garlic paste, salt and coriander or mint leaves which is made in to a smooth paste and nicely coated in to the chicken pieces/whole chicken/chicken breast. It should be marinated for atleast 4-5 hours then needs to be steam cooked. It is later cooled and then deep fried to get a crispiness on the outer side of the chicken.
Chargha Is Rich In Flavour Because Of This Special Chargha Masala:
Chargha is rich in flavour because of using this home made special Chargha masala. Ingredients of this masala are staranise, cinnamon, green cardamom, mace, shahi zeera (cumin), zeera (cumin), mustard seeds, red chillies whole, turmeric, salt and citric acid.
Chargha Is A Traditional & Classic Dish:
Chargha is a traditional and classic dish from the city of Lahore in Pakistan. Chargha is a traditional dish from Pakistani Cuisine which is known for its richness and flavour used in their delicacies.
Recipe Of Chargha:
Preparation time 50-60 minutes
Serve 3-4 people
Chicken (whole or pieces) 1000 grams
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Mint/ coriander leaves 1/2 bunch finely chopped
Salt To taste
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Whole garam masala 2 grams each
(shahi cumin, mustard seeds, whole red chillies, green cardamom, cumin, star anise, cinnamon, mace)
Citric acid 1/4 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Instruction For Cooking:
1. If you can take whole chicken then first chicken cut into two halves and then give gashes over the pieces./ and if you can take pieces of chicken then only give gashes over the pieces.
2. Now take a neat bowl for making consisting of chargha masala, then add ginger garlic paste, whole garam masala, citric acid (powdered), turmeric powder, salt, mint/coriander leaves then put all ingredients in a blender and blend to make a paste.
3. Now take out all masala paste and coat the chicken well with this masala and then marinate the chicken for about 2 hours or 4 hours.
4. Now arrange the chicken pieces in to the steamer and steam cook for 10 minutes, now allow cooling, so that the masala sticks well on to the chicken.
5. Now heat oil in a deep pan and when oil becomes hot, then deep fry the chicken on both sides until thay turn golden brown in color. Serve hot.
Useful Tip For Making Your Chargha Best:
While cooking the Chargha keep in mind you could gently steam ook the masala coated chicken because this helps in clinging the masala to the flesh and tenderized the pieces well.
Serve Chargha With:
Chargha can be usually served as it is or with poori partha, some people like to eat it with naan, chapati, and also with plain paratha. You can also serve Chargha with steamed rice. Choice is all yours.
Add to Favourites