Cheeselings are a very crispy, crunchy and savory snack recipe which can be love by all to eat any time. Cheeselings are really very much easy to made at home in a very quick time wit very few ingredients.
Cheeselings Taste & Texture:
Cheeselings are very light and crispy with tiny squares or diamond shaped golden brown in color which is tasty snack and instantly melt in mouth.
Cheeselings Made With:
Cheeselings can be made with Flour, cheddar cheese grated, unsalted butter, baking powder, slat to taste and oil for deep frying.
Recipe Of Cheeselings:
Preparation time 25-30 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
Flour ½ kg
Cheddar cheese grated 500 gm
Unsalted butter 100 gm
Baking powder ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Sieve the flour and baking powder together and mix well.
2. Mix the butter, a little at a time, with the flour to form a crumbly mixture.
3. Add the cheese and mix well.
4. Add water, a little at a time, to make a stiff dough.
5. Divide the dough into 6-7 equal portions and roll on a floured surface into a circle about 1/4 inch thick.
6. Use a pizza cutter to cut the circle into thick strips in one direction and then in the other direction so that you end up with small diamond shapes.
7. Heat enough oil to deep fry and fry the cheeselings till golden.
8. Drain on paper towels and store in air tight tin or box when cold or served immediately.
Variation In Cheeselings:
Cheeselings can be made more variable by adding herbs to make it more delicious and aromatic in taste. You can add finely chopped parsley, rosemary or thyme.
Cheeselings can be usually served with a hot cup of tea/coffee or hot chocolate. For kids Cheeselings can be served with a tall glass of milk. Cheeselings can also be served and made at especial occasions to treat your family, friends, guests and kids happy.Add to Favourites