Chicken Stir Fry is a recipe which is very easy to made at home. Chicken Stir Fry is a healthy, delicious and quick recipe to make. Chicken Stir Fry is little spicy and a little sweet great for single servings or for feeding the whole family, friends, guests and yes of course yourself too.
Chicken Stir Fry Adapted To Suit All:
Chicken Stir Fry can be adapted to suits all tastes because of using ingredients to make this delicious chicken recipe.
Chicken Stir Fry Made With:
Chicken Stir Fry can be made with chicken breast, purple onion, garlic, ginger thinly sliced, fresh red chilli sliced, mushrooms sliced, red pepper de-seeded/sliced, fresh basil and coconut oil/vegetable oil. For stir fry sauce you need coconut, red curry paste, fresh lime juice, soya sauce, crushed red chili, brown sugar and salt.
Recipe Of Chicken Stir Fry:
Preparation time 45-50 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Chicken breasts, 500 gm
Purple onion, chopped ¼ cup
Garlic, minced 5 – 6 cloves
Ginger, thinly sliced 1 inch piece
Fresh red chili, sliced 5
Mushrooms, sliced 5 – 6
Red pepper, de-seeded/sliced 1
Fresh basil a handful
Coconut oil/vegetable oil 2 tbsp
For Stir Fry Sauce:
Coconut milk 2/3 cup
Red Thai curry paste 2 ½ tbsp
Fresh lime juice 3 ½ tbsp
Soya sauce 1 ½ tbsp
Crushed red chili 1 tsp
Brown sugar 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Cut into strips or bite-size pieces, OR 5-6 chicken thighs
2. Combine all ‘stir fry sauce’ ingredients together in a cup or bowl, stirring well to dissolve the sugar.
3. Taste-test it, keeping in mind that the first taste should be spicy-salty, followed by sweetness and the rich flavor of the coconut milk.
4. Adjust these flavors to suit your taste, adding more lime juice if too salty or sweet (note that it will be less salty when combined with the chicken and vegetables).
5. Place chicken in a bowl and pour over 1/4 cup of the stir-fry sauce, or enough to coat chicken. Toss well and set aside.
6. Warm a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat.
7. Add oil and swirl around, then add the shallot/onion, garlic, ginger, and chili.
8. Stir-fry until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
9. Then add chicken together with the marinade.
10. Stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
11. Add more of the stir-fry sauce as you cook, keeping it moist rather than dry.
12. Add the mushrooms, red pepper, and enough stir-fry sauce to just cover ingredients.
13. Simmer 3-5 minutes, or until the vegetables have turned bright in color but still retain some crispness.
Note: this is a rather ‘saucy’ stir-fry that is never dry – the sauce is meant to also flavor the rice or noodles it is served with).
14. Reduce heat to minimum and do a final taste-test, adding a little more lime juice if too salty or sweet.
15. Add more chili for more spice.
16. Top with a sprinkling of fresh basil and serve with plenty of jasmine rice.
Useful Tip To Make Chicken Stir Fry Best For All:
Here are some tips to make this Chicken Stir Fry best for all vegetarians and non vegetarians.
a) Go for tofu instead of chicken for a vegetarian alternative.
b) Try using other types of meat such as thin strips of beef, mutton or lamb for red meat lovers.
Chicken Stir Fry Served:
Chicken Stir Fry can be served with
a) Brown rice, this is probably the healthiest option.
b) White rice, such as basmati or jasmine.
c) Noodles such as rice noodles, egg noodles etc.
d) pasta any shape and taste.
Choice is all yours.Add to Favourites