Chutni Steamed Fish is a flavored fish recipe which is delicious, little spicy, green color and healthy recipe to make. This Chutni Steamed Fish is a great way of cooking/steamed fish with delicious green chutni wrapped in foil or banana leaves to finish.
Chutni Steamed Fish Undone Without Green Chutni:
Chutni Steamed Fish can be undone without this green chutni. This green chutni can give a spicy and delicious flavor to the fish to finish this with a smooth tangy paste of green chutni which gives a color and taste to the fish.
Chutni Steamed Fish Made With:
Chutni Steamed Fish can be made with fish fillets, oil and oil for shallow fry. For green chutni you need coriander leaves, mint leaves, garlic cloves, desiccated coconut, green chilies, cumin seeds, sugar, salt and lemon juice.
Recipe Of Chutni Steamed Fish:
Preparation time 40-45 minutes
Fish fillets ½ kg
Oil 1 tbsp
Oil to shallow fry
For Green Chutni:
Coriander leaves 1 bunch
Mint leaves ½ bunch
Garlic cloves 5 – 6
Desiccated coconut 4 tbsp
Green chilies 10-15
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Lemon (Juice) 2 lemons
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Grind the green chutney by putting all ingredients in a blender with very little water, it should not be very runny.
2. Add 1 tbsp oil to the chutney to make it moist.
3. Liberally apply chutney to the fish.
4. Put fish in butter paper, foil or banana leaves.
5. Steam over hot water till fish is done.
6. Fish can also be put in banana leaves and enclosed with a piece of thread and then baked or shallow fried or steamed.
7. If using banana leaves, then soften them first by holding them over a low flame.
8. Serve the fish in the leaves or foil parcels.
Chutni Steamed Fish Variation:
Chutni Steamed Fish can be made more variable by adding turmeric powder a little and kashmiri mirch to give it more spicy taste to your fish. Choice is all yours.
Chutni Steamed Fish Served:
Chutni Steamed Fish can be served in restaurants and at homes too in lunch and can be mostly served in dinner. Chutni Steamed Fish can be served with any fried rice or steamed rice. It can also be served with hot homemade chapati/roti or with any type of naan along with the salad and lemon to squeeze.Add to Favourites