Dahi Bara is an Pakistani and Indian chaat prepared by soaking vadas in thick dahi yogurt. The hot deep fried vadas are first put in water and then strain putting between both palms and then transferred to thick beaten yogurt sweet or salty its depend upon your taste.
How Call Dahi Bara In Different Languages:
Dahi Bara also known as Dahi Bhalla in Punjabi and Urdu, Thayir Vadai in Tamil, Thayir Vada in Malayalam, Perugu Vada in Telugu, Avaga in Kannada, Dahi Bara in Oriya and Doi Bara in Bengali.
Recipe Of Dahi Bara:
Prepartion Time 30 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
Daal mash white dhuli 2 cups
(presoaked for 4-5 hours)
Baking soda a pinch
Salt 1/2 tsp
Heeng powder a pinch
yogurt 3 cups
sugar 1 cup girnded
Dahi Bara masala as required
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Grind the presoaked daal into a paste and add rest of the spices.
2. Mix well and leave for 30 minutes.
3. Then in a frying pan add 1 tbs. of oil and with the help of a spoon drop into the pan flat rounded patties and shallow fry till light brown.
4. Do not turn over to fry other side.
5. Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying and then deep fry.
6. When golden brown remove and cool.
7. When serving, soak in a bowl of water and when a little soft squeeze out the water between palms and add to prepared yogurt.
8. YOGURT: Beat the yogurt adding a little water to a paste. Then add sugar and mix well till it become thick paste.
9. now put dahi bara baals in to serving bowl pour dahi paste on it then sprinkle Dahi Bara masala all over the dish.
Variation In Dahi Bara:
To add more flavour in Dahi Bara and make it more variable Dahi Bara, topped Dahi Bara with coriander or mint leaves, chilli powder, crushed black pepper, chaat masala, cumin powder, coconut and green chillies. Also you can garnish it with corainder and tamarind chutnies.
Uses Of Dahi Bara:
Dahi Bara are often served at road side dhabas. It can be served at homes at tea time in parties and also it can be served commonly in iftar menus in the month of ramazan.Add to Favourites