Fig Halwa (anjeer) is a rich and mouthwatering halwa recipe with a nutrient rich taste. This is a very scrumptious halwa recipe which can be made in very less time with the very known and few ingredients. Fig Halwa is one of the easiest traditional recipe to make.
Fig Halwa Made With Less Sugar:
Fig Halwa is a one halwa recipe in which sugar is not needed a lot because as the dried figs are naturally sweet and the halwa requires very less ghee than any other dessert.
Fig Halwa Made With:
Fig Halwa can be made with dried figs, ghee, almonds (blanched,peeled and powdered), powdered milk, sugar and cardamom powder.
Recipe Of fig Halwa:
Preparation time 35-45 minutes
Serves $-5 people
Dried figs 200 gms
Ghee 3 tbsp
Almonds (blanched, peeled and powdered) 1/2 cup
Powdered milk 1/3 cup
Sugar 4 tbsp
Cardamom powder 1/4 tsp
For the garnish:
Slivered almonds 2 tbsp
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Cook the figs in boiling water for about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Drain and puree them in a food processor. Keep aside.
3. Heat the ghee, add the powdered almonds and sauté 2 minutes.
4. Add the pureed figs, milk powder, sugar with 1/2 cup of water and cook till the sugar has dissolved, stirring continuously.
5. Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
6. Serve hot, garnished with slivered almond.
Variation In Fig Halwa:
Fig Halwa can be made more variable by adding some other nuts in to it like pistachios, cashews and walnuts. You can also made this halwa more variable by adding some khoya to make it more delicious and sweet in taste.
Fig Halwa Served:
Fig Halwa can be usually served at special occasions to wide the variety of your sweet desserts menu. Fig Halwa mostly eaten in winters season to warmth your family, friends and guests through this halwa. It can also be eaten by all to keep them warmth in winters.
Add to Favourites