Fish Karhai is a delicious spicy gravy based dish which is quite popular among all especially those who love to eat sea food fish in any way. Fish Karhai is luscious aromatic and flavorful spicy gravy cooked with boneless fish pieces nicely cooked with spices to form delicious, flavorful and spicy Fish Karhai. Fish Karhai is a very simple, easy and quick recipe to made and it will surely made you and your family, friends and guests happy and you will made it again and again for them.
Fish Karhai Made With:
Fish Karhai can be made with boneless fish, ginger garlic paste, tomatoes finely chopped, onions finely chopped, mustard seeds, onion seeds, oil, green chillies, fenugreek leaves dry, red chili powder, salt and lemon juice.
Recipe Of Fish Karhai:
Preparation time 30-40 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Fish (boneless) Cut in cubes ½ kg
Ginger-Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
Tomatoes finely chopped 5
Onions Finely chopped 2
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Onion seeds 1 tsp
Oil 5 – 6 tbsp
Green Chilies 4 – 6 tbsp
Dry fenugreek leaves 1 tbsp
Red chili Powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Lemon juice 2 tsp
Instruction For Cooking:
1. In a pan add oil and heat it, then add mustard seeds and onion seeds.
2. When they start to crackle add onion.
3. When onions are soft add tomatoes and cook for a minute.
4. Now add ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder and salt and leave it on a low flame for 10 minutes.
5. When the tomatoes are soft then add fish cubes and mix.
6. When the fish is cooked then add lemon juice, fenugreek leaves and green chilies and leave it on dum (steam) for a minute.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves, green chilies and ginger and serve.
Variation In Fish Karhai:
Fish Karhai is already a versatile recipe dish in a variety of karhai dish, but you can made more variable by adding fresh finely chopped coriander leaves when served and also you can give coal smoke when ready to serve.
Fish Karhai Served:
Fish Karhai can be usually served at any restaurants, dhaba (local cafe) and at homes too at casual or occasional dinner and also it can be served at dinner parties. Fish Karhai can also be served with naan, roghni naan, till wala naan along with raita and salad of your choice.Add to Favourites