Fried Tandoori Chicken is a popular Pakistani and Indian dish made with chicken legs marinated in a mixture of hung curd and spices. It is then brilliantly cooked in the fryer using very little oil hence making it a healthy and a very nutritious dish.
Fried Tandoori Chicken Popular Dish:
Fried Tandoori Chicken is one of the most popular dish in the cuisine of Pakistan and India. It has made a symbolic mark for its explicit robust aroma and fragrance that tempts most of us in eating this dish.
Fried Tandoori Chicken Origin:
Fried Tandoori Chicken actually dates back to the Mughal period. This delicacy was a main course of the enormous Pakistani feasts of that day.
Fried Tandoori Chicken Modern way:
In modern version of the recipe, red colouring is used to the dish but it is optional.
Recipe Of Fried Tandoori Chicken:
Preparation time 50 minutes
Serves 4 people
Chicken legs 4
Salt To taste
Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tsp
Chilli paste 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
Kasuri methi powder A pinch
Cumin powder 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice 1 lemon
Hung curd 2 tbsp full
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Take the chicken leg and give few gashes over the leg.
2. Take a bowl and add salt, ginger garlic paste, chilli paste, garam masala powder, kasoori methi, cumin pd, coriander pd, lime juice and hung curd. Mix all the ingredients well.
3. Apply and coat the chicken pieces with the spice mixture and rest it for few hours.
4. Preheat the air fryer at 200 degree c for 5 min. or heat oil of medium hot in a frying dish.
5. After 5 min, arrange the chicken pieces in the basket and cook at 200 degree for 10 minutes. Or arrange and put the chicken pieces in a frying pan.
6. After 10 min, pull out the basket and check. Apply little oil over the chicken pieces and cook for another 5.
7. After 5 minutes, pull out the basket, remove the chicken legs and hot serve.
Key For Make Fried Tandoori Chicken Best:
The key to Fried Tandoori Chicken is to use bone in thighs and legs because they have enough fat to stay moist under the heat. We don’t recommened this dish with chicken breasts because they will dry out easily. The pieces should be skinless.
Uses Of Fried Tandoori Chicken:
Fried Tandoori Chicken is best served with long grain onions, lemon wedges, basmati rice and cucumber slices or any dip or sauce of your own choice. Fried Tandoori Chicken can be eaten with rotis, naans, or any bread or buns. Choice is all yours.Add to Favourites