Garlic Bread Sticks could be made at home. It is quite easy and does not take all that much time. Garlic Bread Sticks are made by adding ingredients for e.g flour, yeast, caster sugar, salt, oil, warm water and for topping butter, salt and garlic powder is used.
Garlic Bread Sticks Shape and size:
Garlic Bread Sticks are long and thin pieces and are generally pencil sized sticks. These usually are very crisp.
Garlic Bread Sticks Taste & Texture:
Garlic Bread Sticks are dry bread baked fresh with crusty outside and soft and tender from inside.
Recipe Of Garlic Bread Sticks:
Preparation time 45-50 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Warm water 1 cup + 2 tbsp
Yeast 1-1/4 tsp
Caster sugar 2 tbsp
Flour 3 to 3-1/4 cups
Salt 1-3/4 tsp
Oil 3 tbsp
Butter 2 tbsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder 1/4 tsp
Instruction For Making:
1. Whisk together warm water, yeast and 1/2 tsp sugar until yeast has dissolved.
2. Allow to rest 10 minutes.
3. Add in 1-1/2 cups flour, 1-3/4 tsp salt and oil, blend mixture until well combined.
4. Add in remaining 1 1/2 cups flour and knead mixture on low speed, adding up to 1/4 cup additional flour as needed, and knead until dough is smooth and elastic (dough should pull away from sides of the bowl but should still be slightly sticky).
5. Transfer dough to a large oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest in a warm place until double, about 1-1/2 hours.
6. Punch risen dough down, divide into 12 equal portions (2 ounces each by weight), keep them covered with plastic wrap as you work.
7. Roll each piece into a 9 inch rope on a lightly floured surface, then transfer to two Silpat lined or buttered cookie sheets.
8. Cover and let rise 1 hour.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 220 degrees C for 11 – 13 minutes until golden.
10. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together 1/2 tsp salt and garlic powder.
11. Remove breadsticks from oven and brush with butter and immediately sprinkle with salt mixture.
12. Serve warm or allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
Variation In Garlic Bread Sticks:
Garlic Bread Sticks can be make more variable by adding paprika flakes, caramelized onions and herbs like rosemary, thyme and origano. Choice is all yours.
Served Garlic Bread Sticks:
Garlic Bread Sticks are served with tossed salads, spaghetti and also can be served with any soups. Garlic Bread Sticks are also served as a starter or can be eaten as a snack.Add to Favourites