Herbed Muffins are tender, moist and light with a lovely herbal fragrance from rosemary and chives. Herbed Muffins are very much tasty and light in taste to eat and a perfect for your brunch.
Herbed Muffins Made With:
Herbed Muffins can be made with whole wheat flour, flour, eggs, butter milk, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chopped chives,
chopped rosemary, honey, olive oil and shredded cheddar cheese.
Herbed Muffins Interesting Alternative To Bread:
Herbed Muffins with their sponge like texture make an interesting alternative to bread.
Whole wheat flour 180 gm
Flour 75 gm
Eggs 2 (large)
Buttermilk 1 cup
Baking powder 2 tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Chopped chives 3 tbsp
Chopped rosemary 1 tbsp
Honey 2 tbsp
Olive oil 1/3 cup
Cheddar shredded cheese 1-1/2 cups
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
2. Line a 12 standard muffin tin with paper or silicon liners. Set aside.
3. In a bowl stir together flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chives and rosemary.
4. Add 1-1/4 cups cheddar cheese from the total of 1-1/2 cups. Reserve the 1/4 cup, set aside.
5. In a bowl whisk together the eggs until blended, then stir in the buttermilk, honey and olive oil.
6. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
7. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups. Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese evenly over the tops.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until the tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
9. Let cool in the pan on the wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn out onto the rack.
10. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Variation In Herbed Muffins:
Herbed Muffins can be made more variable by adding some other ingredients of your own choice according to your taste buds. You can also add thyme and parsley to make it more herbal fragrance. You can also add olives and corns to make it more delicious in
Herbed Muffins Served:
Herbed Muffins are best served warm wit a dollop of butter. You can also served it with grilled vegetables, soups and salads or eat them plain.
Tip For Making Best Herbed Muffins:
Do not over mix muffins as they may become tough and dry.Add to Favourites