Kabsa is a dish which can be made by mixing rice, meat, vegetable and spices with the roasted nuts. Kabsa is usually made with lamb meat but you can make it with your favorite meat like chicken, lamb, mutton and beef choice is all yours. Each meat can bring a unique taste to your Kabsa dish. Kabsa is a unique little spicy but surely a amazing taste which cherish your whole family, friends and guests too.
Kabsa Regarded As A National Dish:
Kabsa is commonly regarded as a national dish in Saudi Arabia and is believed to be indigenous to Yemen, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Iraq and Kuwait.
Kabsa Made With :
Kabsa can be made with lamb/mutton, soaked rice, carrots peeled and finely diced, capsicum de-seeded and finely diced, tomato peeled and diced, finely chopped onion, garlic cloves, cumin ground, coriander ground, salt, black pepper, butter or olive oil for frying and toasted pine nuts. For Kabsa spice mix you need saffron, ground green cardamoms, ground cinnamon, ground all spice, white pepper, dry lime sauce, water, beef stock, finely chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste, celery, salt, black pepper and butter.
Recipe Of Kabsa:
Preparation time 45-50 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
Lamb’s meat (large cubes) 1 kg
Soaked rice 2 cups
Carrots (peeled and finely diced) 3
Capsicum (seeded and finely diced) 1
Tomato (peeled and diced) 1/2 kg
Finely chopped onion 1/2 kg
Garlic cloves (minced) 6-8
Ground cumin 1 pinch
Ground coriander 1 pinch
Salt to taste
Black pepper taste
Butter or olive oil for frying
Toasted pine nuts 1/4 cup
Kabsa Spice Mix:
Saffron 1/2 tsp
Ground green cardamoms 1/4 tsp
Ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Ground allspice 1/2 tsp
White pepper 1/4 teaspoon
Ground dried limes sauce 1/2 tsp
Water 2 cups
Beef stock cube 1
Finely chopped large onion 1
Chopped tomatoes 14 ounces
Garlic cloves (minced) 3
Tomato paste 1 tbsp
Diced celery 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Butter 2 tbsp
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Fry meat until browned on all sides.
2. Add enough water to the pot so that it covers the meat by, bring to a boil then cook gently until tender.
3. Reserve stock & set meat aside.
4. Add butter to a pan, fry the onion, capsicum, carrot & spices.
5. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
6. Add earlier soaked rice to vegetables in the pot, Add meat stock until stock covers rice. Cover pot.
7. Cook on low heat for 30 minutes or until tender add a little more stock or water if rice seems to become dry.
1. Fry onion, garlic and tomato in the butter.
2. Add tomato paste, celery, salt, cinnamon, water and stock cube.
3. Cook on medium heat until slightly thickened and celery is tender.
4. Serve in a large dish or on a platter.
5. Place the rice first, top with meat & garnish with pine nuts.
6. Serve the sauce in a jug with a spoon.
Kabsa Highly Aromatic & Flavorful:
The spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom give the highly aromatic and nice spicy flavor to kabsa and the especial Kabsa spice which can make by you is a highly aromatic and flavorful spice mix to make this Kabsa dish.
Kabsa can be usually served at any restaurant and at homes too at lunch or dinner time. Kabsa can also be served as a main dish in small parties at homes. It can be served along with the plain yogurt, any type of raita and salad of your own choice.Add to Favourites