Khajoor Chutni is excellent sweet and sour chutni made with a mix of dates, tamarind paste and jaggery along with aromatic Pakistani and Indian spices giving the chutni a tangy flavour. Making Khajoor Chutni is one of the easiest dishes and is loved for its blend of mixed flavours that gives a wonderful kick to the palate.
Khajoor Chutni Is An Accompaniment:
Khajoor Chutni is an accompaniment to most chaats like pani poori, bhel poori, papdi chaat, sev poori, dahi poori etc and goes well with some lip smacking and delicious spicy hot samosas or pakoras. Khajoor Chutni is great for accompaniment for any tea time savour snack.
Khajoor Chutni Health Benefit:
In Khajoor Chutni khajoor is the main ingredient which is considered as cooling, sweet, tonic and aphrodisiac. khajoor is rich in vitamin B and C along with sugar, protein, carbohydrates, fats, enzymes and minerals such as phosphorus and calcium.
Recipe Of Khajoor Chutni:
Preparation time 15 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
Cumin powder 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Jaggery 50 grams
Tamarind paste 2 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tbsp
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Boil the dates for 15 to 20 minutes in hot water.
2. Don’t add water in excessive quantities.
3. Add enough water to immerse the date seeds.
4. Allow them to cool, and them put them in a mixer.
5. Add the tamarind paste, salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder. Grind into a fine paste, and pour into a ceramic container.
6. Do not use steel / metal utensils.
7. Add the Jaggery, and dissolve it into the mixture.
Variation In Khajoor Chutni:
Khajoor Chutni is already a variable dish/dip sauce, but you can make it more variable by adding fresh leaves of coriander and mint. you can also add some other spices like chaat masala, black pepper to make it more spicy. Choice is all yours.
Uses Of Khajoor Chutni:
Khajoor Chutni can be served with delectable hot savoury snacks or fresh chaats. Khajoor Chutni can be served oftenly with snacks or chaats in the month of ramazan and also can be eaten with dahi bara chaat.Add to Favourites