Khara Masala Mutton is a recipe which is rich and spicy in taste. It is spicy mutton based dish that is generally prepared in every house specially in Eid-Ul-Azha dinners. Khara Masala Mutton is a very tasty and luscious dish which is made with mutton. It is cooked in spicy gravy by adding ingredients like onion, poppy seeds paste and spice with red chillies, garam masala and home made tandoori masala.
Khara Masala Mutton Is A Hearty & Wholesome:
Khara Masala Mutton is a spicy, hearty and wholesome recipe of mutton that will surely satisfy the taste buds and crave for more eating.
Khara Masala Mutton Is A Good Old Fashioned Recipe:
Preparing Khara Masala Mutton recipe is a good and old fashioned way of cooking meat mutton/beef along with lots of whole spices and the taste of the curry of Khara Masala Mutton is slightly towards the spicier side due to the addition of red whole chillies and by cooked in desi ghee enhances the flavours of this Khara Masala Mutton.
Recipe Of Khara Masala Mutton:
Preparation time 50-60 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Mutton pieces 500 grams
Oil 3/4 cup
Zeera 1/2 tsp
Red chilli dry 2-4
Tez pata (bay leaf) 2 medium
Bari Ilaychi(black cardemom) 1
Chooti ilaychi(green crdemom) 2
Onion 2 small
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Coriander leaves 1 tbsp
Poppy seeds paste 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Tandoori masala powder 1 tsp
Salt To taste
Boiling water As required
Desi ghee(clarified butter) 1 tbsp
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Firstly wash the mutton pieces neatly and keep aside.
2. Now heat oil in a pan/pressure cooker when it gets hot add cumin seeds, tez pata(bay leaf) and dried red chillies.
3. Now see when the cumin seeds begin splutter add whole garam masala, chopped onion and saute well for 2 minutes on low flame.
4. Now add ginger garlic paste and again saute all for 2 minutes.
5. Now add all powdered masala except garam masala powder, also add mutton pieces, alt to taste and again saute all for 3-4 minutes.
6. Now cover the lid of pan/pressure cooker and let the mutton cooked for 5-6 minutes on low flame.
7. Now open the lid and and saute all ingredients, then add some boiling water, garam masala powder, poppy seeds paste, desi ghee(clarified butter) and tenderizer powder (optional) and cover the lid and allow to cook the mutton with all masala and water till mutton fully tenderized and cooked.
8. Now finely garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Serves Khara Masala Mutton:
Khara Masala Mutton can be usually served with pulao of any kind like matar(green peas) pulao, zeera(cumin seeds) pulao, and also with steamed rice. People served Khara Masala Mutton with naan, qulcha and roti also. Khara Masala Mutton can be serve at dinner or lunch at homes especially in Eid-Ul-Azha dinner parties.Add to Favourites