Typically any mixed vegetable dish like Mix Vegetable Masala consist of two or more varieties of vegetables added to make an appetizing dish. Mixed Vegetable Masala mainly refers to a combination of cut vegetables used to amke a single dish.
Mixed Vegetable Masala Nutritious And Healthy:
Sauteing or steaming of Mixed Vegetable Masala added with mild spices makes a good meal that is definitely healthy and nutritious and add spice to your life.
Vegetables And Style Of Mixed Vegetable Masala:
In Mixed Vegetable Masala the vegetables may be chopped, sliced, cubed or in juliennes. Generally vegetables included in Mixed Vegetable Masala are potato, cauliflower, carrots, cabbage, french beans and peas.
Recipe Of Mix Vegetable Masala:
Preparation time 20-30 minutes
Serves 5-6 peoples
Coconut Milk 2 cups (optional)
Salt To taste
Garam masala 2 tsp
Green chillies (adjust the spice level) 4-5
Garlic 2 clove
Ginger 1 inch
Onion 2 medium
Mixed vegetable chopped
(potatoes, carrot, cauliflower, beans and peas)
Water 1 cup
Butter 3 tbsp
Coriander fresh leaves 1/2 bunch
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Instructions For Cooking:
1. Partly boil all chopped vegetables & keep aside.
2. Heat butter(1 1/2 tbsp) add Cumin seeds let that splutter and then add onion to it fry till they are soft.
3. Then add ginger, garlic & green chillies.
4. Give it a mix cook further for half a minute.
5. Remove from heat and cool.
6. Grind this to a fine paste by adding some water. Keep aside.
7. Heat the remaining butter i.e. 1 1/2 tbsp add the paste fry till the butter remains on the sides of the of pan.
8. Add the partly boiled vegetables & salt.
9. Mix well such that veggies are coated with the paste.Cover and cook for 1 min.
10. Then add a cup of water to it.Covr and cook till veggies are fully cooked.
11. Add garam masala & Coconut milk . Cook on low heat. (cooking on low heat is imp in this step).
12. As you see it is nicely boiling then turn of the heat garnish it coriander leaves.
13. Serve hot with any kind of bread or rice! It goes well with both!
Best Uses Of Mixed Vegetable Masala:
Mixed Vegetable Masala are best used for making stir fries, salad, sandwiches or snacks like cutlets, samosa etc and they are also added in to gravies and curries. Often lightly steamed, cooled and chopped Mixed Vegetable Masala as a filling in your vegetable rolls.
Uses Of Mixed Vegetable Masala:
You Can enjoy this hearty side dish with rice and plain roti or with naan or qulcha. Mixed Vegetable Masala oftenly served atlunch time at homes and in restaurants too.Add to Favourites