Moong Daal Tarka is a famous and delicious recipe of daal moong with the hot tempering tarka to make this daal delicious, spicy and mouthwatering. Moong Daal Tarka is very easy to make with few ingredients which are surely easily available in your kitchen.
Moong Daal Tarka Healthy & Nutritious:
Moong Daal Tarka is very much healthy and nutritious because lentils (daals) are the primary source of protein especially for the vegetarians.
Moong Daal Tarka Made With:
Moong Daal Tarka can be made with green lentil or yellow moong daal, onion, tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste and oil. For tempering/tarka you need red button chillies, curry leaves, garlic cloves, ginger piece, green chillies, cumin seeds and butter. Fresh green coriander leaves for garnishing.
Recipe Of Moong Daal Tarka:
Preparation Time 30-40 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Green Lentils/yellow moong daal ½ kg
Salt 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
Red Chilies Powder 2 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tsp
Oil 4 tbsp
Garlic Cloves 6
Curry Leaves 6
Button Red 6
Green Chilies 6
Finely Chopped Ginger 1 piece
Green Coriander ½ bunch
Butter 100 gm
Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
Instruction For Cooking:
1. First soak ½ kilo green lentils for one hour.
2. Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pot and fry an onion until it turns brown.
3. To this add 6 tomatoes, 2 tsp crushed chilies, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp turmeric powder,2 tsp ginger and garlic paste.
4. Mix everything well.
5. Once the spices have blended together , add the soaked green lentils, along with 3 glasses of water.
6. Leave this to simmer on a low heat for half an hour.
7. Once the lentils have cooked through, mix the lentils well together until they break down and turn off the heat.
8. In a pan, heat 100gm butter and to it add 1 tsp cumin seeds,6 garlic cloves, 6 curry leaves and 6 whole red chilies.
9. Layer this on top of the prepared. Lastly, add 1 bunch fresh green coriander, green chilies and 1 piece of finely chopped ginger and serve.
Variation In Moong Daal Tarka:
Moong Daal Tarka is already a versatile daal recipe dish but you can also make this more variable by adding amchoor powder or tamarind pulp to give a daal slightly tangy taste.
Moong Daal Tarka Served:
Moong Daal Tarka can be served at all restaurants, dhabas and at homes in lunch and dinner time as a side dish. Moong Daal Tarka can be served with steamed rice or roti/chapati. some people like to eat with naan or qulcha. Moong Daal Tarka can also be served with any raita and salad of your choice.Add to Favourites