Mutton Kunna is a very famous, delicious and popular dish of a small town Chiniot of Faisalabad city of Punjab. Mutton Kunna is a dish which takes the second place to nihari. It is a rich mutton curry with a spicy, mouthwatering flavor and also spice it up with the garnishing of sliced green chillies and ground fresh garam masala to make this more delicious in taste.
Mutton Kunna Made With:
Mutton Kunna can be made with mutton shanks with bone, oil, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, slat, yogurt, cumin powder, anise powder, dry ginger powder, black cardamom, black pepper powder, cloves powder, nutmeg powder, mace powder, onion and flour. To finish it with the garnishing of green chillies and ginger thinly sliced and lemon slices to squeeze when eat.
Recipe Of Mutton Kunna:
Preparation time 1 hour-30 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
Mutton shank with bone (6-8 large pieces) 1
Oil ½ cup
Garlic paste 3 tbsp
Ginger paste 3 tbsp
Red chilies 4 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Yogurt 4 tbsp
Cumin 2 tbsp
Aniseed 2 tbsp
Black pepper 2 tbsp
Dry ginger 2 tbsp
Black cardamom 2tbsp
Cloves 1 tbsp
Nutmeg 1 tsp
Mace 1 tbsp
Onion (thinly sliced) 1
Flour 6 tbsp
Green chillies (chopped)
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Heat oil, add the meat, ginger, garlic, red chilies and salt. Stirring frequently fry until the meat turns brown, about 5-8
2. Add yogurt and stirring frequently fry until all the moisture has evaporated.
3. Add water and cook over medium heat for about 1 hour or until meat is done.
4. Meanwhile grind the cumin, aniseed, black pepper, dry ginger, cardamoms, cloves, nutmeg and mace to a fine powder and then
5. Add 3-4 tablespoons of the sieved spices to the meat, cover and cook over low heat until the meat is tender.
6. Dissolve flour in 2 cups of water and stirring carefully pour it into the gravy. (do not stir hard, otherwise meat will break
into small pieces).
7. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the sliced onions and stirring frequently, fry for 10 minutes to a golden color.
8. Lift out all the onions with a slotted spoon, add to the kunna and stir carefully. Garnish with green chilies, ginger (chopped)
and lemon slices.
9. Serve with naan.
Mutton Kunna Taste & Texture:
Mutton Kunna is a spicy rich curry in taste with a irresistible smooth texture. Mutton Kunna is a delicious nice aromatic flavored dish which takes the second place to nihari.
Mutton Kunna Served:
Mutton Kunna can be usually served in the restaurants in the breakfast/lunch/dinner. It can be served with naan, qulcha, tandoori roti along with the slices of lemon, fresh
coriander chopped leaves and thin sliced ginger.