Mutton Potato Curry is simple yet delicious curry of mutton meat. Mutton Potato Curry is also easy to cook together mutton and spices to give nice aroma to the curry. This curry is simple non vegetarian meal for any one who love to eat mutton.
Mutton Potato Curry Made With:
Mutton Potato Curry can be made with mutton, finely chopped onion, tomato pureed, potatoes, black cardamom, green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, mace, dried red chillies, black pepper corns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, anise, Kashmiri red chili powder, sugar a pinch, salt, turmeric powder, green chili, oil, ginger pieces, garlic cloves and garam masala powder.
Mutton Potato Curry Well Reputed Pakistani Dish:
Mutton Potato Curry is well reputed Pakistani dish because of spices used to made this curry is all pure Pakistani aromatic spices which available easily at every house kitchen.
Recipe Of Mutton Potato Curry:
Preparation time 40-45 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Mutton 1/2 kg
Finely chopped onions 2
Tomatoes pureed 3
Black cardamoms 2
Green cardamoms 4
Cinnamon 1-1/2 inch piece
Bay leaves 2
Mace few strands
Dried red chillies 4
Coriander seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Aniseed 1 tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder 2 tsp
Sugar a pinch
Turmeric powder 1-1/2 tsp
Green chillies 2
Oil as required
Salt to taste
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Garlic 10 cloves
Ginger 2-inch piece
Instruction For Cooking:
1. In a pan, add the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, aniseed, 4 dried red chillies, 6 peppercorns and roast till fragrant.
2. Once roasted, add the above to a blender along with 5 cloves of garlic and one inch of ginger, roughly chopped.
3. Add 2 tsp of Kashmiri red chili powder. Add 1-½ tsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of salt and a pinch of sugar.
4. Add about one tablespoon of oil and half a cup of water and grind to a fine paste.
5. Crush the rest of the 5 large garlic pods roughly and julienne the 1 inch ginger.
6. Heat the oil. Fry the potatoes in the oil. The potatoes should be seared, evenly browned but not cooked. Remove and keep aside.
7. Now add black cardamoms, green cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves and the mace.
8. Add the crushed garlic and the juliennes of ginger to the oil. Fry them for about a minute.
9. Now add the finely chopped onion and add a pinch of salt to help it fry faster.
10. Fry the onion, stirring constantly, till they get browned and caramelized.
11. Add the mutton pieces to this. Fry the mutton pieces on high heat. The mutton will sear and turn a light brown.
12. Add the ground spices and fry it with the meat.
13. At this stage, add back the potatoes and let the meat cook till done.
14. Break two green chillies and one tsp of garam masala powder and stir.
15. Serve with steamed rice.
Mutton Potato Curry Undone Without Adding potatoes:
This Mutton Curry is undone without adding potatoes in to it. This potato based Mutton Curry is very delicious in taste, potatoes gives nice texture and taste to the curry.
Mutton Potato Curry Served:
Mutton Potato Curry can be usually served at every Pakistani restaurant as a main dish to eat. It is also eaten at homes in family meals and dawats menu people like to eat eagerly. Mutton Potato Curry can be served with naan or hot homemade roti or chapatis along with the salad and raita.Add to Favourites