Mutton Roghan Josh is a very delicious and scrumptious recipe from the Kashmiri cuisine. Mutton Roghan Josh is distinguished by its aromatic, flavourful and thick red gravy sauce with fully tender meat of mutton.
Mutton Roghan Josh Definition:
Mutton Roghan Josh can be defined as a lot of people want to know why this mutton recipe called roghan josh.
Roghan name translate to clarified butter(desi ghee), referring to the way the meat and spices are cooked in it to produce roghan in a dish.
Josh means “fiery” or “hot referring” the dish’s deep red colour.
Mutton Roghan Josh Is A Wonderful Curry Recipe:
Mutton Roghan Josh is a wonderful curry recipe which is slowly cooked with a fragrant spices.
Kashmiri Pepper Give Colour To The Mutton Roghan Josh:
In the recipe of Mutton Roghan Josh kashmiri pepper is the most important ingredient because it gives a distinct red colour to the dish.
Recipe Of Mutton Roghan Josh:
Preparation time 40-45 minutes
Serves 5=6 people
Mutton 500 gram
Black cardamom 4
Cinnamon sticks 4
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds powder 1/4 tsp
Ghee 2 tbsp or As required
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Green cardamom 6
Kashmiri red chillies 1.1/2 tbsp powder or paste
Saffron Pinch (optional)
Salt To taste
Turmeric 1/4 tsp (optional)
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Take a bowl, add hing, kashmiri chilli powder/paste, ginger, garlic paste, fennel seed powder and water a little and mix it well all the ingredients.
2. Take a blender, add cinnamon sticks, green cardamom, mace and cumin seeds and grind to a coarse paste.
3. Now heat ghee in a pan and add black cardamom, meat pieces and cook over slow flame till meat is brown in colour.
4. Add mixture of kashmiri chilli, saffron (optional), water and salt and mix well.
5. Now cover the pan with lid and let it cook for 45 minutes till the meat is tender.
6. Add the masala powder mix well and again let it cook for more 30 minutes.
Mutton Roghan Josh Is A Master Of Flavours:
Mutton Roghan Josh dish is a master of flavours and the fiery delights of authentic kashmiri cuisine, because of its aromatic flavours and nice smooth texture which is guaranteed crowd pleaser dish.
Serve Mutton Roghan Josh:
Mutton Roghan Josh is a dish that can be made at dinner parties to make your dineer party menu marvellous. Mutton Roghan Josh can be served with any type of roti, chaoati and naan, it also can be served with any fried rice like zeera rice, matar pulaow etc.Add to Favourites