Onion Bhaji is the most favorite snack among all in the whole world. This Onion Bhaji is the mostly eaten snack especially in the rainy season or at iftari in the month of Ramazan. Onion Bhaji is very much delicious, mouthwatering, scrumptious, crispy and spicy snack which can be easy to make in a quick time with a very few and easily available ingredients in your kitchen.
Onion Bhaji Called By Other Names Too:
Onion Bhaji can be called by other names too in different regions of Pakistan and India. It can also be called by “pyazo” and “pyaz k pakoray”, because of the main ingredient onion to make this snack.
Onion Bhaji Made With:
Onion Bhaji can be made with onion, chickpea flour, rice flour, baking powder, turmeric powder, black onion seeds, chili powder, cumin ground, coriander ground, salt, water and oil for frying.
Recipe Of Onion Bhaji:
Preparation time 20-25 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
Onions 2 large thinly sliced
Chick pea flour 200 gram
Baking powder 1 tsp
Rice flour 2 tbsp
Turmeric 1 tsp
Black onion seeds 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Cumin ground 1/2 tsp
Coriander ground 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
water as required
Vegetable oil for frying
Instructions For Making:
1. Put the vegetable oil into a large pan and heat over a medium to high heat.
2. Make the batter: In a large bowl, add the chickpea flour, baking powder, rice flour, turmeric, black onion seeds, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and the water. Mix together well and then add the sliced onion – mix the onion through until well coated.
3. Check the temperature of the oil by dropping a small cube of bread in – it should brown fairly slowly – not burn or go dark brown straight away.
4. Carefully drop spoons of the bhaji batter in to the oil, do NOT overcrowd as they will stick together. Fry them in small batches for 1 to 2 minutes until they are a golden brown and crispy.
5. Remove them with a slotted spoon and allow them to drain on a paper covered plate or on a wire rack.
6. Repeat until all the bhaji batter is finished and they are all cooked.
7. Sprinkle over a little salt and serve straight away with coriander chutney or cucumber raita.
Onion Bhaji Variation:
Onion Bhaji is already a versatile snack but you can make it more variable by adding few more ingredients to make this Onion Bhaji more delicious in taste. You can add finely chopped spinach leaves and finely thinly chopped potato slices to add in a batter along with onions and then fry.
Onion Bhaji Served:
Onion Bhaji can be usually served at any restaurant, dhaba, cafe and at homes too as a most favorite and mostly eaten snack. Onion Bhaji can also be served at small cabins or stalls in markets or at road side you can also find this Onion Bhaji their. It can also be served with any kind of sweet and spicy chutni or any type of dip sauce or some people like to eat it with plain ketchup or also with chili garlic sauce.Add to Favourites