Palak Paneer is a Traditional North Indian delicacy and an integral part of the Punjabi cuisine. Palak Paneer is an Indian gravy based curry made of spinach and paneer in a tomato and onion gravy with spices. It is a very popular vegetarian delicacy.
How Palak Paneer Healthy For Kids:
Palak Paneer is one of the favourite dishes to many to many especially the kids because the influence of Popeye the sailor gulping cans of spinach and aquiring tons of super energy. Palak Paneer is a nice way of feeding nutritious dishes to kids who do not eat a proper balanced diet.
Nutritions In palak Paneer:
Palak is a very healthy, nutritious and full of antioxidants. It is also high in iron, vitamin A and C and evevn calcium.
Recipe Of Palak Paneer:
Preparation time 30-40 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
1 large bunch or 4 cups chopped Spinach(Palak)
1/2 cup Paneer (cubed into 1/2-inch pieces)
4-5 cloves crushed Garlic
1/2 inch Ginger, finely chopped
1-2 small Green Chillies, seeded and chopped
1 large Onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons Fresh Cream
1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala (optional)
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Dry FenugreekLeaves)
1/3 cup + 1/4 cup Water
2 tablespoons + for deep frying Oil or Ghee
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Clean and wash spinach in water to remove any soil or impurities. Blanch the spinach by boiling it in salted water for 2 minutes.
2. Drain it using big perforated spoon or strainer.
3. Immediately transfer drained spinach in to cold water for a minute.
4. Drain water and blend blanched spinach with ginger, green chillies and 1/4 cup water using mixer and make a puree.
5. Heat oil or ghee in pan. Deep fry paneer cubes over medium heat until they turn light brown.
6. Transfer them to a plate and keep aside.
7. You can remove excess ghee or oil from it by placing them on absorbent kitchen paper napkin.
8. Heat 2 tablespoons oil or ghee in another medium size pan, add finely chopped onion and sauté on low heat until it turns light brown or translucent. Add crushed garlic and sauté for 20-25 seconds.
9. Add spinach puree, garam masala and salt. Stir and cook for couple of minutes.
10. Add 1/3 cup water; mix well and bring it to boil over low heat. Stir occasionally in between.
11. When gravy starts to boil, add fried paneer cubes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
12. Add lemon juice, kasuri methi and mix well. Turn off the heat and mix milk cream.
13. Transfer it to serving bowl.
14. Serve hot with tandoori roti, plain paratha or butter naan.
Uses Of Palak Paneer:
Palak Paneer oftenly sreved with fresh rotis or chapatis and also with fregrant basmati rice. Palak Paneer is also served with hot fresh naans or breads accompanied with a glass of lasssi.
Add to Favourites