Paneer Butter Masala is one of the most popular paneer recipes in Pakistani and Indian cuisine. The near pefect combination of spiciness and creaminess of its gravy makes it simply irresistible and versatile to be served.
Recipe Of Paneer Butter Masala:
Preparation time 40 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
250 gms Paneer (or Tofu), cut into 1-inch cubes
2 medium Onions, finely chopped
1½ teaspoons chopped Ginger
3-4 Garlic Cloves
3 medium Tomatoes
6-8 Cashew Nuts, soaked in water for 15 minutes
1 small piece of Bay Leaf
2 Green Chillies, slit lengthwise
1/2 cup Full Fat Milk
2 teaspoons Kasuri Methi (dry fenugreekleaves)
1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
1 teaspoon or to taste Red Chili Powder
2 tablespoons Fresh Cream
2 tablespoons Butter
2 tablespoons Oil
Salt to taste
Instruction For Cooking:
1. If you are using frozen paneer cubes, then defrost them.
2. Grind onion, ginger and garlic in a grinder and make a onion paste.
3. Grind soaked cashew nuts with 2 tablespoons water to make a cashew nut paste.
4. Blanch the tomatoes (put them in hot boiling water for 8-10 minutes and cover with a lid, drain and rinse them in normal cold water and remove skin) and blend them to prepare a tomato puree.
5. Heat cooking oil and butter in a non- stick frying pan over medium flame. Add onion paste and bay leaf and sauté until onion paste turns light brown for approx. 4-5 minutes.
6. Add green chilli and red chili powder and sauté for 30-40 seconds. Add cashew nut paste. Stir and cook for 2-minutes.
7. Add tomato puree and cook until oil starts to separate from the puree, it will take around 3-4 minutes.
8. Add coriander powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
9. Add 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup water and salt mix and cook until oil comes on the surface or for approx. 4-5 minutes.
10. Add paneer cubes, kasuri methi and cook for approx 2-minutes or until you get the desired consistency of gravy.
11. Add fresh cream. Mix properly and turn off the flame.
12. Transfer prepared curry to a serving bowl. Garnish Paneer Butter Masala with milk cream or cube of butter and serve.
Variation In Paneer Butter Masala:
You can make Paneer Butter Masala more variable by doing some changes like you can use chopped onions instead of crushed onions. You can also use shallow fried paneer cubes and also you can use milk cream to make it more creamier.
Uses Of Paneer Butter Masala at Functions Or Parties:
Serve Delicious Paneer Butter Masala with naan, paratha, roti or steamed rice for lunch or dinner. The creaminess of gravy and richness of paneer makes it an ideal spicy curry for functions and parties. Paneer Butter Masala particularly tastes best when served with methi roti and glass of lassi.
Uses of Paneer Butter Masala:
Paneer Butter Masala is to be served with any bread or you serve it with tandoori roti, naan and kulcha or also with steamed rice. It is going to satisfy your palate like never before.
Add to Favourites