Paneer Tikka is simple yet special dish, and all time favourite of all especially for its aromatic flavours and creamy appearance. Delicious chunks of paneer are marinated in spicy yogurt fried or roasted and cooked in a silky spicy sauce. Paneer Tikka is a gourmet dish flavourful and exotic to taste that makes a delightful dish for any kind of formal dinner or occasion.
Origin Of Paneer Tikka:
An amazing dish that originated from the north Indian cuisine and made a superlative connotation all over the world. Paneer Tikka is the vegetarian’s protein replacement instead of meat.
Recipe Of Paneer Tikka:
Preparation time 50-60 minutes
Serves 5-6 peoples
1½ cups Paneer (cottage cheese), cut into 1-inch square, 1/2 inch thick slices
2 Green Capsicums, cut into 1-inch squares
1 Red Capsicum, cut into 1-inch squares
1 medium Onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
1½ teaspoons Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 cup Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt)
1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala
1/2 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreekleaves)
1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
1½ tablespoons Oil
1-2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 medium Onion, thinly sliced (forgarnishing)
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Take hung curd in a big bowl and beat it until smooth. Add ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala, kasuri methi, coriander powder, 1-teaspoon chaat masala and salt in it. Mix well and prepare a marinade.
2. Add paneer, both types of capsicum and onion, mix gently to coat all added ingredients with marinade.
3. Keep aside for 1 hour to marinate. If possible, cover and place them in refrigerator to marinate overnight or for atleast 3-4 hours.
4. Arrange red capsicum, green capsicum, onion, paneer and green capsicum in given order on small wooden toothpick/ skewer.
5. Heat non-stick griddle or tawa, spread 1½ tablespoons oil on it. When tawa is hot enough, shallow fry skewered paneer and vegetables over medium heat.
6. Cook each side by turning toothpick/ skewer until all sides are light brown. This will take approx 3-4 minutes. Crispy Paneer Tikka is ready.
7. Transfer them to a serving plate and remove the toothpick/ skewer by holding bottom most vegetable in place and sliding skewer backwards.
8. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon chaat masala and few drops of lemon juice over it and garnish with thinly sliced onion and serve.
Variation In Paneer Tikka:
You Can also marinate this Paneer Tikka with
tandoori masala, tikka masala to make it more variable and delicious .
Uses Of Paneer Tikka:
Paneer Tikka can be served with rotis, butter naans and garlic naans and also with steaming hot zeera rice. Paneer Tikka also be served palin as a barbeque snack and also with toasted or grilled sandwiches.Add to Favourites