Paya is a thin gravy based dish which is really very much delicious and healthy for all. This is very much common dish in Muslim community. It is a curry or gravy based dish in a thin form. Is is spicy and tangy curry dish made at every home in winters especially and at Eid-ul-azha too.
Paya Other Name & Meaning:
Paya other name in english is “hoof” “trotters” and its meaning is “feet”.
Origin Of Paya:
Paya originated in Central Asia cuisine and brought to South Asia by the Persians and adapted to the local cuisine by Muslim cook of Hyderabad and Lucknow.
Paya Made With:
Paya can be made with beef paya, onion, stock of paya, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, all spices powder, coriander powder, black pepper, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, salt, nutmeg, mace and oil. For garnishing you need green chillies finely chopped, garlic slices cut in to thin julian and fresh coriander leaves finely chopped.
Recipe Of Paya:
Preparation time 3-4 hours
Serves 5-6 people
Boiled Beef Paya 1
Stock 2 glasses
Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
Red Chili Powder 2 tsp
All Spice Powder 1 tsp
Coriander Powder 2 tsp
Black Pepper 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds 2 tsp
Turmeric 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Oil 1 cup
Nutmeg ½ tsp
Mace ½ tsp
Green Chilies as required
Garlic as required
Green Coriander as required
Mint Leaves as required
Lemon as required
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Take 1 beef paya, wash nicely and add in saucepan while adding 10 glasses of water in it.
2. Cook until 2 glass of water is remaining and it gets tender then turn off the flame.
3. In frying pan heat 1cup of oil. Cook until light brown.
4. Now in another bowl add ½ cup water, 1 tbsp ginger, garlic paste, 2 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp coriander powder along with 1 tsp salt.
5. Mix well and add along with onion.
6. Cook and sauté at the same time.
7. Cook until the aroma is given out then add paye. Cook and sauté.
8. Now add stock and cook it for 20 more minutes on low flame.
9. After this turn off the flame then add 1 tsp all spice powder, ½ tsp nutmeg, 4 cardamoms, ½ tsp mace, 2 tsp crushed cumin seeds,
10. Delicious Paya Gravy is ready to serve.
Best Cooking Method For Paya:
To make your Paya cooked best then follow this tip that cooked these Paya on a slow flame for hours usually people cooked overnight on very slow flame.
Paya can be usually served at breakfast/lunch/dinner time it is totally depend on you at what time you want to eat these delicious Paya with the naan, till wala naan and tandoori naan along with ginger thinly sliced, green chillies finely chopped and lemon to squeeze.Add to Favourites