Prawn Biryani is a popular dish prepared by layering spicy gravy, prawns and aromatic rice. Prawn Biryani is an simple dish made by few steps following this recipe. Prawn Biryani is a very rich flavoured biryani with full of luscious prawn flavour. This Prawn Biryani can be made with ingredients like prawns and rice and to marinate prawns in kashmiri red chilli, turmeric powder and salt. To make its gravy add onions, tomato, ginger garlic paste, fresh coriander and mont leaves and lemon juice. For making rice add whole dry garam masala.
Prawn Biryani Is An Lip Smacking & Aromatic Dish:
Prawn Biryani is an lip smacking and aromatic dish prepared with prawns, spices mixed with natural herbs wrapped in aromatic flavour rice which make this Prawn Biryani lip smacking and aromatic.
Recipe Of Special Prawn Biryani:
Preparation time 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
For Prawn Masala:
Prawns 1 kg
Oil for frying
To Marinate the Prawns:
Kashmiri chilli powder 2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
For the Gravy:
Onions (chopped) 3 large
Tomatoes (chopped) 2 large
Garlic paste 2 tbsp
Green chillies (chopped) 10
Ginger paste 2 tbsp
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves (chopped) 1/4 cup
Mint leaves (chopped) 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
For the Rice:
Rice 3 cups
Salt to taste
Oil 4 tbsp
Onion (sliced) 1
Bay leaf 1
Cinnamon 2 sticks
Cumin seeds 1-1/2 tsp
Lemon juice 1-1/2 tsp
Extra garam masala to sprinkle while layering rice
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Wash the prawns, drain and marinate them in kashmiri Chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt for half an hour.
2. Heat oil. Shallow fry the prawns briefly and remove.
3. In the same oil, add the chopped onion, ginger, garlic and chillies along with salt and cook until the onions have become soft.
4. Add in the chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook until the tomatoes become soft and you get a thick gravy.
5. Add in the half fried prawns and cook on low flame.
6. Add the chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander leaves, garam masala and lemon juice. Remove from the fire and keep them aside.
For preparing the rice:
1. Boil water in a large pan.
2. In another pan, heat oil. Add onions and sauté until the onions turns soft. At this stage add cardamom, cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon and cumin seeds and sauté for a couple of minutes until the aroma of the spices starts coming out.
3. Add boiling water, lemon juice and salt to this. When the water starts bubbling, put the rice slowly and cook. Cook it covered until all the rice is cooked evenly.
For layering the biryani:
1. Divide the rice in 2 parts.
2. Put some oil or ghee in the base.
3. Layer the bottom of the vessel with the first part of the rice. Sprinkle a 1/4 tsp of garam masala all over and pour prawn masala all over the rice.
4. Tip in the second part of rice and sprinkle a good pinch of garam masala all over again.
5. Cover the entire vessel with foil, and then close the lid tightly. Place a weight over this vessel and simmer on very low heat.
6. Serve with coconut chutney and yogurt.
Prawn Biryani Is An Irresistible Perfect Dish For Seafood Lovers:
Prawn Biryani is an irresistible awesome and perfect dish for all seafood lovers because of experiences its succulent flavours of prawns wrapped in layers of aromatic rice which are perfectly blended in to spices made gravy mixed with juicy marinated prawns.
Served Prawn Biryani:
Prawn Biryani can be usually served at lunch and dinner time in restaurants. Prawn Biryani an also be served at homes dinner parties menu or in Eid dawats or at any especial occasion.Add to Favourites