Nuts Give Aroma In Rabri:
The abundant usage of almonds and pistachio adds to it texture providing something to chew on in every spoon that in turn flips up your mouth with aroma in Rabri:
Recipe Of Rabri:
Preparation time 30-40 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
1½ liters (50 oz) Milk (full fat)
2½ tablespoons Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Green Cardamom Powder
10 Almonds (badam), sliced
10 Pistachio, sliced
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Boil milk in a broad, heavy based, pan or broad non-stick pan over medium flame.
2. When milk starts to boil, reduce flame to low. Stir at regular intervals of 3-4 minutes but not continuously.
3. When layer of a cream appears on the surface, shift it towards the side of a pan.
4. Do the same process for next cream layers.
5. Cook until milk is reduced to 1/3 of original quantity.
6. Add sugar and stir to dissolve it. Add cardamom powder, sliced almonds, and sliced pistachio mix well.
7. Scrape small cream chunks collected on the side of pan into milk (this will make delicious small cream chunks in rabdi). Cook for 2 minutes and turn off flame.
8. Let it return to room temperature naturally. Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours before serving.
Variation In Rabri:
Rabri can also be made with butter milk to amke it a thick sauce. Rabri can also be mixed with yogurt or buttermilk or cumin seeds, dry fruits etc can be used as garnish.
Uses Of Rabri:
Rabri can be mostly eaten with gulab jamun to have more sweet mouth. Some people also have it Rabri with other sweets like chum chum, barfi etc. Rabri can be served at parties or in functions too. Rabri can also be served at home as a dessert after meal.Add to Favourites