Yummyy! thats what you would say after eating a first spoonful of this simple and healthy Saag Paneer. One of the best recipe with fenugreek leaves. Prepared by this recipe is not only healthy but also has a nice and tasty gravy of gram flour whose flavour combines well with fenugreek leaves and paneer, giving it a complex yet rich character. The garnish of fresh cream makes it more tempting as well as gives nice subtle flavour.
Recipe Of Saag Paneer:
Prepartion time 40-45 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
1 cup chopped Methi (fresh fenugreek leaves)
100 gms (3½ oz) Paneer, cubed into 1 inch pieces
1 small Tomato, finely chopped
1 small Onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon crushed Ginger-Gralic
1/8 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice (optional)
1 teaspoon Gram Flour
1/4 cup Water
2 tablespoons Fresh Cream (malai)
1½ tablespoon Oil
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Wash, clean and chop methi (fenugreek leaves).
2. Take 1-teaspoon gram flour and 1/4 cup
water in small bowl. Mix until puree.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add finely chopped onion and sauté on medium flame until light brown or for approx. 1-2 minutes.
4. Add crushed ginger-garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
5. Add chopped methi and chopped tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes, stir occasionally in between.
6. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well and cook for a minute.
7. Add gram flour puree; bring it to boil. Let it boil over medium flame for 2 minutes.
8. Add paneer cubes and cook for approx. 3 minutes.
9. Add lemon juice and mix well. Turn off flame and transfer prepared curry to serving bowl.
10. Garnish it with fresh cream and serve hot.
Variation In Saag Paneer:
Saag Paneer is a versatile dish but you can make it more variable by adding some other ingredients or make some variation by doing paneer cubes shallow fry and also add fresh cream in the last to make it more creamier or you can use boiled and cubes potatoes in place of paneer for simple change and you can also add 1/3 cup boiled peas in step 8 to make yet another heavenly and healthy variation.
Uses Of Saag Paneer:
Saag Paneer can be served with butter naan or tandoori roti. Saag Paneer can also be served with sweet lassi and a masala papad make it a scrumptious meal.Add to Favourites