Popularity Of Sooji Ka halwa:
Sooji Ka Halwa is also popularly known as kesari bath in the south region and sheera in northern region of India.
Sooji Ka Halwa For Surprise Guests:
Sooji Ka Halwa is also prepared when you get surprise guests visiting your house and when there is nothing available. Sooji Ka Halwa is one of the easiest sweet dishes to be prepared in a very less time and ingredients too.
Recipe Of Sooji Ka Halwa:
Preparation time 30-40 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
1/2 cup Sooji (semolina/rava)
1/3 cup Ghee (clarified butter)
1¼ cups Water
1/2 cup Sugar
5 Almonds (badam), sliced
5 Cashew nuts (kaju), chopped
1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Boil 1¼ cups water in a bowl for 3-4 minutes. Remove it from the flame and keep aside until you reach step-4 below.
2. Take sooji in a pan, add ghee and heat it over medium flame.
3. Stir and mix using spatula.
4. Roast it on a medium flame until golden- brown. It will take anywhere between 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Turn flame to low slowly add boiled water and mix by stirring constantly (add water only in small incremental quantities because it will splutter as soon as you add it).
6. Stir and cook to avoid any lump formation.
7. Increase flame to medium and cook until all water gets absorbed. Add sugar and cardamom powder.
8. Stir until sugar dissolves and it has a semi-solid consistency. Add and mix almonds and cashew nuts after reserving some of them for garnishing.
9. The Suji Ka Halwa is now ready for serving.
Variation In Sooji Ka Halwa:
Nowadays to give a twist to the routine Sooji Ka Halwa many chefs add pineapple pieces to give it a real juicy and yummy taste.
Uses Of Sooji Ka Halwa:
Sooji Ka Halwa being the easiest sweet dish is prepared on religious occassions. Sooji Ka Halwa is also prepared during several festive occassions.Add to Favourites