Spicy Tuvar Daal is the most favorite and famous daal recipe in all Pakistani and Indian cuisine. Spicy Tuvar Daal is a delicious, spicy, aromatic and full of flavor daal recipe which can be loved by all vegetarians. Spicy Tuvar Daal can be famous at road side eateries like dhabas and people loved to eat mostly in dhabas.
Spicy Tuvar Daal Healthy & Nutritious:
Spicy Tuvar Daal is very much healthy and nutritious for health of all. As you all knows Tuvar daal is a great source of protein for a balance diet without taking meat and when combined with tomato, onion and spices make this so very much healthy and nutritious for all.
Spicy Tuvar Daal Made With:
Spicy Tuvar Daal can be made with tuvar daal/arhar daal, green chilies, garlic cloves, oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, onion, tomato, salt and fresh coriander leaves for garnishing.
Recipe Of Spicy Tuvar Daal:
Preparation time 35-45 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Split pigeon pea (tuvar daal/arhar daal) 1 cup
Green chillies 8-10
Garlic 3-4 cloves
Oil 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Pressure cook the split pigeon pea in 2 cups water till tender.
2. Grind together green chillies and garlic to a fine paste.
3. Heat oil, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and sauté.
4. When it starts spluttering, add onions and sauté till light brown.
5. Add tomatoes, green chilli-garlic paste, salt and sauté for a minute.
6. Add the daal and half-cup water and let it simmer for five to ten minutes.
7. Serve hot garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Spicy Tuvar Daal Variation:
Spicy Tuvar Daal have some variations according to your taste buds and choice. You can add tamarind pulp to make it little tangy and also you can add bhagar/tarka of cumin seeds and garlic chopped to make it more delicious and scrumptios in taste.
Spicy Tuvar Daal Served:
Spicy Tuvar Daal can be usually served at every restaurant, dhabas and at homes too in a lunch and dinner time. Spicy Tuvar Daal can also be served with steamed rice, roti chapati, naan of any type or with qulcha along with the raita and salad of your own choice.Add to Favourites