Who does not like cookies i might have a bit of obsession that these Swirl Cookies are sweet, yummy and delicious to eat and they look very impressive by look for all. Swirl Cookies are really so easy and convenient to made.
Swirl Cookies Are Also Known As:
Swirl Cookies are also known as “pin wheel cookies” because of its shape and texture.
Swirl Cookies Made With:
Swirl Cookies can be made with Flour, butter, caster sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, egg, vanilla essence, red food color and green food color.
Recipe Of Swirl Cookies:
Preparation time 45-50 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
Flour 2 cups
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Baking soda 1/8 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Butter 2/3 cup
Brown sugar (packed) 1/2 cup
Caster sugar 1/3 cup
Egg (beaten) 1
Vanilla essence 3/4 tsp
Red food coloring 1 drop
Green food coloring 1 drop
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into a bowl.
2. Beat the butter with the brown and caster sugars till light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs and vanilla essence.
4. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until evenly blended.
5. Gather the dough into a ball, and divide into two equal parts.
6. Place one half in a second bowl.
7. Add red food coloring to the dough in one bowl, and green food coloring to the dough in the other bowl.
8.Use a fork or wooden spoon to blend the food coloring into the dough until evenly blended.
9. Add additional drops of food coloring to achieve the desired shade.
10. Roll out the red dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
11. Roll out the green dough to 1/4 inch thickness, and place on top of the red dough.
12. Beginning on one edge, roll the doughs to make a log so the two colors spiral inside each other.
13. Wrap the log in cling and foil and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
14. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
15. Unwrap the dough log, and place on a clean, lightly floured surface.
16. Slice the log into rounds 1/8 inch thick, and place on baking sheets.
17. Bake until set, 5 to 6 minutes.
18. Watch carefully to prevent edges from browning.
19. Remove from oven, and cool on racks.
20. Arrange in a tree shape and ice or serve as it is.
Variation In Swirl Cookies:
Swirl Cookies are already a very versatile cookie recipe then other cookies. But you can make it more variable by adding colors of your choice or you can also make it only in 2 colors one is white plain dough and the other one is chocolate color. Choice is all yours.
Swirl Cookies Have Layers:
Swirl Cookies have layers of different colors you want to made its all depends upon you totally that how many colors you want to make your Swirl Cookies. If you can made it with 3 colors so you have 3 layers of your cookie dough, all depends on colors you want to use to made.Add to Favourites