Khata Meetha Kadu is a vegetable recipe dish which can be loved by all vegetable lovers. Khata Meetha Kadu is very much tasty and delisious cooked in spices with tomato based puree added chaat masala and tamarind pulp gives it sweet and tangy taste.
Khata Meetha Kadu Best Side Dish For Vegetarians:
Khata Meetha Kadu is a best side dish for all vegetarians and also for those who love to eat pumpkin in any way. This is a best recipe to make it in small parties or at weekends for the vegetarians to serve.
Khata Meetha Kadu Made With:
Khata Meetha Kadu can be made with pumpkin, grounded tomatoes, oil, large green chilies, curry leaves, turmeric powder, fresh coriander leaves,fennel seeds, mustard seeds, salt, jaggery, nigella, cumin powder, chaat masala, red chillies, chopped garlic cloves and tamarind pulp.
Recipe Of Khata Meetha Kadu:
Preparation time 35-45 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
Grounded Tomatoes 250 gm
Oil 1 cup
Large Green Chilies 6
Curry Leaves 6
Coriander Leaves ½ bunch
Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Jaggery 1 tbsp
Nigella ½ tsp
Cumin 2 tsp
Chat Masala 2 tsp
Red Chillies 2 tsp
Chopped Garlic 2 tsp
Tamarind Pulp 4 tbsp
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Heat 1 cup of oil and fry 2tsp chopped garlic.
2. Now add 1 tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp nigella, 2tsp cumin, 2 tsp red chilies, 1tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp fennel seeds and 6 curry leaves.
3. When aroma is released add 1 kg pumpkin, cut into small pieces and mix well.
4. In another pan, mix together 250gm tomatoes and 1 tbsp brown sugar.
5. Let this chopped simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
6. Once the oil separates add ½ a bunch of coriander, 4tbsp tamarind pulp and mix well.
7. Now make a slit in each chili and fill it with 2tsp of chat masala.
8. In the end, add the stuffed chilies to the pumpkin and leave it to simmer for 10 minutes.
Khata Meetha Kadu Variation:
Khata Meetha Kadu is already a most versatile dish made by pumpkin but you can also make it more variable by adding capsicum in to it to give a new taste and flavor to your dish.
Khata Meetha Kadu Served:
Khata Meetha Kadu can be usually served at any restaurant, dhaba and at home as a side dish. Khata Meetha Kadu can also be served with any type of naan or roti/chapati. It can also be served with plain rice and tempring lentil along with any type of salad and raita of your own choice.Add to Favourites