Swiss Roll is a most favorite cake in a different way at any time you want to make your tooth sweet. Swiss Roll is a fancy and different variety of cake which can make similar to other cakes but the way of decorating and serving is quite different. Swiss Roll is very much sweet, creamy, delightful, soft and amazing in taste. Swiss Roll can be make in different tastes of your own choice.
Swiss Roll Made With:
Swiss Roll can be made with eggs, caster sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder. For filling you need strawberry jam and whipped cream.
Recipe Of Swiss Roll:
Preparation time 45-50 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
Caster sugar 4 oz
Flour 3 oz
Cocoa powder 2 oz
Baking powder 1 tsp
Ingredients for Filling
Strawberry jam 2 tbsp
Cream whipped 300 ml
Instruction For Making:
1. Whisk eggs and sugar well till thick and doubled.
2. Fold in very lightly the flour and cocoa and baking powder.
3. Turn into a greased and lined Swiss roll tin and spread till the ends and bake at 220 degrees C for only 10 minutes or till the sponge shrinks back from the edges.
4. Immediately take out on a large piece of grease proof paper dusted with caster sugar.
5. Quickly peel off paper and trim edges of the sponge, roll up cake immediately.
6. Gently warm the jam and then carefully unroll sponge and spread with jam and whipped cream, re-roll.
Variation In Swiss Roll:
Swiss Roll can be make more variable by adding more ingredients of your own choice and according to your taste buds, You can add any type of jam and also you can add whipped cream with the addition of color you want and essence of your favorite fruit or taste. Choice is all yours.
Swiss Roll Served:
Swiss Roll can be usually served at every restaurant, cafe and at homes too in morning and evening with tea or coffee. It can also be served after dinner as a dessert and at dinner parties or get togethers at home. Swiss Roll can also be served to your kids in their lunch boxes to make them happy in eating their lunch at school.Add to Favourites