Afghani Pulao is a savory Central Asian rice dish which is traditionally cooked with beef, mutton, lamb or chicken along with the spices and nuts. To finish this pulao garnish it with raisins and carrots – it is must to complete this with it. Afghani Pulao is really a very delicious pulao recipe and it is equally delicious when made with any kind of meat of your choice.
Afghani Pulao Also Made For Vegetarians:
Afghani Pulao cam also be made for vegetarians, to made the vegetarian version that substitutes meat with stew style vegetables to made for vegetarians.
Afghani Pulao Made With:
Afghani Pulao can be made with for whole spices you need black pepper powder, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, garam
masala powder, roasted ground cumin seeds and roasted ground coriander seeds. For pulao you need chicken, oil, green chillies
halved, ginger paste, garlic paste, onion finely sliced, rice, white vinegar and salt. For garnishing you need grated carrots, raisins and butter.
Recipe Of Afghani Pulao:
Preparation time 45-50 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
For Whole Spice:
Black pepper powder 1 tsp
Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
Cinnamon powder ¼ tsp
Garam masala powder ¼ tsp
Roasted ground cumin seeds 1 tbsp
Roasted ground coriander seeds 1 tbsp
Chicken 1 kg
Oil ½ cup
Green chilies, halved 4 – 5
Ginger paste 1 tbsp
Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Onions, finely sliced 5
Rice 3 cups
White vinegar 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
For the garnish:
Carrots, grated 2 large
Raisins ¼ cup
Butter 1 tbsp
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Grind the ingredients for whole spices and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, fry the onions until golden.
3. Remove and drain the fried onions,reserve half of them and crush the other half.
4. In the same pan, add the chicken, ginger and garlic pastes and half tsp salt.
5. Fry the chicken on high heat on both sides until the meat changes color, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the crushed onions and 1 tbsp from the powdered spices.
7. Add 1 cup of water. Lower the heat and let the chicken simmer gently, covered on low heat until the chicken is tender.
8. In a big pan of water, add some salt and the vinegar plus the green chilies.
9. Once the water comes to a boil, drain the pre-soaked rice and cook it in the boiling water until it is about three-quarters done.
10. Drain away the excess water from the rice. When the chicken is done, turn off the heat.
11. Now take a big pan, pour in half the cooked rice.
12. Then layer the chicken with its masala over the rice, sprinkle the reserved half of the fried onions and the remaining powdered
13. Layer the remaining rice on top of the chicken.
14. Cover the pan with a tight lid. Place on low heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
15. For the garnish, heat the butter then lightly fry the raisins and grated carrots for about a minute.
16. When the pulao is ready, serve it in a dish and pour the carrot/raisins garnish over it.
17. You can serve with raita on the side and the tomato chutney.
Afghani Pulao Is Healthy & Hearty Dish:
Afghani Pulao is an healthy and hearty dish that works just well in the summers as in winters too. The combination of texture, color and nutritional value made this pulao dish as a complete healthy meal.
Afghani Pulao Served:
Afghani Pulao can be usually served at restaurants and at homes at lunch/dinner time. Afghani Pulao can also be served on special occasions and at small parties or dinners at home along with any kind of raita and salad of your choice also garlic chutni can goes well with this.Add to Favourites