Bombay Chicken Biryani is a heart favorite dish among people. Bombay Chicken Biryani is a rice based dish (usually using basmati rice) made with spices and chicken, mutton, prawns, eggs or vegetables. The beautiful tempting hues and the rich and irresistible aroma of this historical cuisine still work their magic and engulf ones senses.
Origin Of Bombay Chicken Biryani:
Biryani is derived from the Farsi word “Birian”. Based on the name and cooking style (Dum), one can conclude that the dish originated in Persia and/or Arabia.
In Farsi Birian means “Fried before cooking”
The Persian word Berya(n) means “fried” or “roasted”.
Recipe Of Bombay Chicken Biryani:
Preparation Time 50-60 minutes
Serving 4-5 People.
meat (chicken/ beef/ mutton) – 1/2 kg
oil – 1/2 cup
yogurt – 1/2 cup
turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
garlic paste – 1 tsp
ginger paste – 1 tsp
red chilli powder – 1 tsp
salt – 1 tsp
cloves – 5
green cardemom – 3
onion – 2 medium
green chilli – 8-10
nutmeg and mace poder – 1/2 tsp
kewra water – 1 tbsp
food yellow colour – 2-3 drops
lemon thin slices – 1
tomato thin slices – 2
fresh coriander leaves – 1/2 bunch
fresh mint leaves – 1/4 bunch
rice – 1/2 kg
Instruction For Preparing:
1. Take a pan put meat and salt, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, cardamom, cloves, and add 4-5 cup water and leave it for few mins to make it meat boil and fully tender and make it sure that half cup water remaining in pan.
2. Take yogurt, jaefal jawatri powder 1/2 tsp, cloves and cardamom ( make a powder of both), kewra water 1 tbsp, yellow food color 2-3 drops mix all ingredients in a yogurt well and put it aside.
3. lemon 1 cut in to circle thin slicesTomato 2 cut in to circle thin slicesGreen coriander leaves 1/2 bunchMint leaves 1/4 bunch
Green chillies 4-5.
4. Rice 1/2 kg boil it till it becomes half done
5. take a pan put oil in it then add onions stir it fry till it becomes brown then take it out from oil and put it in aside, then add boil masala meat in this oil, then add yogurt mixture, then add brown onions, then add alloo bukhara, then add thin slices of tomatoes and lemons, then add coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies and in the end spread half boil rice in to it and put lid on it for steam and leave it on a slow flame for 20 to 25 mins till rice become fully cooked.
Serve it hot with Raita and Salad.
Variation In Bombay Chicken Biryani:
Many Biryani recipes call for the rice to be cooked for three-quarters of the usual time, followed by layering with the meat/vegetable base, and then a final slow steaming until fully done, this approach allows the flavors to blend somewhat. There are so many varieties in Biryani some are Iranian, Malaysian, Indonesian, Sindhi, Kashmiri, Memoni, Bombay, Hyderabadi Biryani.
Uses Of Bombay Chicken Biryani:
Bombay Chicken Biryani is usually served with dahi chutney or raita of different styles and salad. The Bombay Chicken Biryani is a ubiquitous feature of the beary feast and no major celebration is complete without it from Eid to weddings.Add to Favourites