Bhuna Chicken Pulao is a mouthwatering delicious easy to made recipe of pulao. Bhuna Chicken Pulao is very easy to made in very less time with the ingredients like chicken, rice, ginger garlic paste, onion, whole garam masala, tomatoes, green chillies and spring onion. To make this Bhuna Chicken Pulao little spicy also used red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and coriander seeds freshly grounded.
Bhuna Chicken Pulao Why Called Bhuna:
Bhuna Chicken Pulao is called bhuna because the chicken meat can be cooked like dry meat fully tender with masala made by spices, this kind of meat is also called pan frying meat in other words it is called bhuna. This Bhuna Chicken Pulao chicken can be made without adding water it can be cooked along with spices, charred onion and tomatoes.
Recipe Of Bhuna Chicken Pulao:
Preparation time 50-60 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
Chicken 1 kg
Butter 1 tbsp
Rice 2 cups
Bay leaves 2
Green cardamom pods 4
Black cardamom pod 1
Cinnamon 1 stick
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Fenugreek leaves 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
Coriander seeds (coarsely ground) 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Finely chopped green chillies 2
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Finely chopped onion 1 (large)
Onion char-roasted on a BBQ and pureed 1
Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Ginger paste 1 tbsp
Finely chopped tomatoes 1-1/2 cups
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tbsp
Spring onions sliced 1
Green chilies for garnish
Yogurt to serve
Onion salad to serve
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of butter and then add cloves, bay leaves, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, fenugreek leaves, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and sauté the mixture for a few minutes stirring constantly and allowing the spices to release the aromas.
2. Next add the chopped onions, cook and stir them until they turn to light golden brown in colour, add the ginger, garlic and the chillies and the pureed charred onion, continue to cook for a few minutes and stir constantly.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste and keep stirring and then add the chopped tomatoes.
4. Let the tomatoes blend well and cook the mixture for about 10 minutes or until the fat starts to separate from the sauce.
5. Next add the chicken and cook until the chicken is almost done and all of the liquid has dried up. It is very important that you do not overcook the chicken. Make sure that during this process of stir-frying, you continuously stir the mixture to avoid any scorching.
6. Next add the soaked rice and the water to the pot and gently stir the mixture.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil and immediately turn the heat to medium and cover the pot with a tight lid and let it cook until all the water has been absorbed.
8. Gently fluff up the rice with a fork. Plate the pulao in a serving dish and garnish it with fresh coriander, spring onions and chillies.
9. Serve with an onion salad and yogurt.
Bhuna Chicken Pulao Can Be More Variable:
Bhuna Chicken Pulao can be made more variable by adding few more ingredients of your choice which can be enhance the taste of Bhuna Chicken Pulao. Ingredients like Green capsicum and mint leaves when served.
Bhuna Chicken pulao Served:
Bhuna Chicken Pulao can be served with raita of your choice, also salad like onion cucumber salad can also be served with this Bhuna Chicken Pulao.Add to Favourites