Kashmiri Rice is a very popular Kashmiri rice dish. It is one of the simplest rice recipe to make in a very less time to eat and cherish your family and friends with this delicious rice dish. Kashmiri Rice is a very delectable mildly spiced with a nice aromatic flavors.
Kashmiri Rice Made With:
Kashmiri Rice can be made with rice, carrots, black pepper crushed, currants, ghee, salt, almonds, ginger garlic paste, all spices powder, onion oil, cardamom and cashews.
Recipe Of Kashmiri Rice:
Preparation time 35-40 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Rice ½ kg
Carrots ½ kg
Black Pepper (Crushed) 1tbsp
Currants 4 tbsp
Ghee ½ cup
Salt 1 tsp
Almonds 100 gms
Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
Allspices Powder 2 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Cashews 4 tbsp
Instruction For Cooking:
1. In a pot, heat ½ cup ghee and in it brown onion.
2. To this add ½ kilo pre-soaked rice, 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp crushed red chilies leave this to simmer.
3. Now add ½ kilo carrots, 4 tbsp currants, 100 gm almonds and 2 tsp allspices powder and leave it to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
4. Mix everything well and dish out.
5. Garnish with cashews and serve.
Kashmiri Rice Variation:
Kashmiri Rice can be made more variable by adding some other dry fruits like walnut, peanut and dry dates, also you can add fresh coriander leaves for garnishing to give nice aroma to the rice.
Kashmiri Rice Served:
Kashmiri Rice can be served usually as it is along with the raita and salad of your choice. Kashmiri Rice can also be served with any type of meaty curry or gravy to make this rice more delectable. Kashmiri Rice is an exotic rice dish perfect for get togethers and small parties.Add to Favourites