Chocolate Cake is the most favourite cake amongst all of us. Chocolate Cake is very delicious and mouthwatering baked dessert made with ingredients like flour, eggs, butter, caster sugar, cooking chocolate, milk, cocoa powder and fresh cream.
Chocolate Cake Taste & Texture:
Chocolate Cake is a form of bread or bread like food and in modern terms it is also called sweet baked dessert. Chocolate Cake is a layers of baked sweet bread taste chocolate and in between their is a layers of fresh cream and apricot jam which moistened the whole cake from inside and outside too.
Making Chocolate Cake Is No Longer Complicated:
Making Chocolate Cake is no longer complicated procedure, when at one time you can went in to cake making, particularly the whisking of egg foams, baking equipments and directions of good recipe following have been simplified to bake and make cake, so that even the most amateur cook may bake a cake.
Recipe Of Chocolate Cake:
Preparation time 1 hour
Serves 6-8 people
Cocoa powder (sifted) 50 gm
Boiling water 6 tbsp
Milk 2 fl oz
Flour 175 gm
Baking powder 1-1/2 tsp
Butter 100 gm
Caster sugar 275 gm
For the Icing and Filling:
Apricot jam 3 tbsp
Plain chocolate 150 gm
Cream 150 ml
Instruction For Making:
1. Blend the cocoa and boiling water in a bowl, then add the remaining cake ingredients and beat until the mixture has become a smooth, thick batter.
2. Divide the cake mix equally between two greased and lined 8 inch tins and level the surface.
3. Bake at 180 degrees centigrade about 25–30 minutes or until well risen and the tops of the cakes spring back when lightly pressed with a finger.
4. Leave to cool in the tins for a few minutes. Then turn out, peel off the paper and cool on a wire rack.
5. To make the icing, warm the apricot jam in a pan, strain to remove fruity bits and then spread a little over the base of one cake and the top of the other.
6. To make the ganache, break the chocolate into pieces and gently heat with the cream in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water until the chocolate has melted, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir the chocolate mixture to make sure it has completely melted.
8. Leave to cool, and then spread apricot jam on tops of both cakes.
9. Sandwich the cakes together and use a small palette knife to smooth the icing on the top.
10. Keep in a cool place until ready to serve.
Variation In Chocolate Cake:
Chocolate Cake can be make more variable by adding some dryfruits of your choice like cahewnuts, raisins, peanuts, almonds, pistachios and walnuts.
Chocolate Cake Served:
Chocolate Cake can be usually served as a dessert of choice for meals at restaurants and homes too. Chocolate Cake can also be served at ceremonial occasions, weddings, anniversaries and birthday parties.
Add to Favourites