Green Masala Chicken is a nice change from the usual red curries we made at homes in daily routine. Green Masala Chicken is really a very much delicious, amazing and easy to make recipe in a very quick time. Green Masala Chicken is mild spicy and full thick gravy based dish to eat and cherish your family, friends and guests. Green Masala Chicken cooks in a matter of only 30 minutes but its tastes like it took hours of efforts.
Green Masala Chicken Made With:
Green Masala Chicken can be made with chicken, onion, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder, all spice powder, fennel seeds, yogurt, cream, lemon juice, oil, bay leave and salt to taste. For grind green masala you need fresh coriander leaves, fresh mint leaves, green chillies, onion chopped, ginger and garlic.
Recipe Of Green Masala Chicken:
Preparation time 30-35 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
Chicken 1 kg
Onion (chopped) 1
Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp
Coriander Powder 2 tsp
Cumin Powder 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder 1 tsp
All spice powder ½ tsp
Fennel seeds ½ tsp
Yogurt ¼ cup
Cream ¼ cup
Lemon Juice 3 – 4 tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Bay Leaf 1
Salt to taste
Green Masala To Grind:
Coriander leaves 1 bunch
Mint leaves ½ bunch
Green Chilies 4 – 5
Onion, chopped 1
Ginger 1 ” piece
Garlic 7 – 8 cloves
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with salt, pepper powder and lemon juice for at least half an hour before preparing the curry.
2. Make a smooth paste of all the ingredients under ‘to grind’.
3. Try to avoid water while grinding or add as little as possible.
4. Heat oil add the bay leaf and fennel seeds.
5. Add the finely chopped onions and fry till it is golden brown.
6. Add the ground paste and let it cook until the oil separates from the masala.
7. Add the yogurt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and all spice.
8. Fry for about half a minute before adding the chicken.
9. After adding the chicken, sauté it with the masala for at least 3 minutes.
10. Add required water, salt and bring it to a boil.
11. Cover the pan and cook till the chicken is no more raw and oil starts separating from the gravy.
12. Add the cream to the curry and mix well.
Green Masala Chicken Undone Without Green Masala:
Green Masala Chicken has an endless variety of chicken curry and it is really very much different from each other. Green Masala Chicken has a distinct taste that is made with use of green spices and masala grind by yourself which is green in color.
Green Masala Chicken Served:
Green Masala Chicken can be usually served at any restaurant, dhaba and at homes in a dinner/lunch menu. It can also be served at occasions and small parties or Eid parties at home. Green Masala Chicken can also be served with steamed rice, roti/chapti, paratha, pori paratha and any type of naan of your choice along with salad and raita of your own choice.Add to Favourites