Spring Rolls are generally small and crisp. They are typically prepared with vegetables and chicken boneless pieces with mild spices. This version is fully wraped before being pan fried or deep fried. Spring Rolls are ready when they are golden in colour and come on top of the oil after being fried.
Spring Rolls Four(4) steps:
Today the making of Spring Rolls usually involves four steps:
1. Dough sheet making
2. Fillings preparing
3. Wrapping and
4. Deep frying
Origin Of Spring Rolls:
Spring Rolls are a large variety of filled, rolled appetizers found in East Asian and South East Asian. In Chinese cuisine Spring Rolls are savoury rolls with cabbage and other vegetables, they are usually eaten during the spring festival in China, hence the name.
Recipe Of Spring Rolls:
Preparation time 50-60 minutes
serve 5-6 people
Finely sliced cabbage 2 cups
Grated carrots 3
Finely sliced green capsicum 1
Corn 1/4 cup
Chopped green chillies 2-3
Boneless chicken breast (cubed) 1
Finely chopped spring onions 1/4 cup
Soya sauce to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Lemon juice of 1 lemon
Ghee 2 tbsp
Oil 3 tbsp
Chopped coriander 2 tbsp
Ginger paste ¼ tsp
Garlic paste ¼ tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Instructions For Cooking:
1. Heat 1 tbsp ghee, add the chicken cubes, quarter tsp. each of ginger and garlic pastes, salt, pinch of chilli powder and turmeric.
2. Let this cook without adding any water at all in it.
3. Once the chicken is tender and done, add the tsp. of lemon juice, then dry off any excess liquid, and shred chicken once cool.
4. Add the remaining ghee and 3 tbsp. Oil, once melted, add the cabbage, stir-fry on high heat, and then add the carrots and capsicum.
5. Next, add the corn, green chillies, salt, and few dashes of soya sauce. Mix well and keep aside in a bowl to cool slightly.
6. Strain the mixture so excess liquid is removed. Once the mixture is cool, add the spring onions, shredded chicken, chopped coriander, and salt, and pepper powder.
7. Fill the spring roll pattis with this seal well using flour and water and then deep fry in hot oil and serve with any chili garlic sauce or soya sauce. or any of your favourite dip sauce.
Variation In Spring Rolls:
Spring Rolls vary slightly from place to place, with well known types. The rolls are crisp outside and fresh inside, really delicious.
Uses Of Spring Rolls:
Spring Rolls cab be served with dips and sauces or with your favorite chutni. It can be especially served at iftar in Ramazan and also served at tea parties and can be featured in Eid menus.Add to Favourites