Drumstick Tomato Curry is a simple and a basic curry dish that is prepared in almost every Pakistani and Indian house. Drumstick Tomato curry is made with drumstick pieces cooked in spicy tomato gravy. Drumstick Tomato Curry is very easy to prepare and is highly flavourful. The combination of drumstick and tomato tang complement well together giving an excellant savour to the dish.
Drumstick Known By Many Names:
Drumstick is scientifically known as “Moringa oleifera” and locally known as “Shevaga”. Drumstick is the most widely cultivated species of the genus Moringa comes from the Moringaceae family. Drumstick is a seasonal vegetable.
Health Benefits Of Drumstick Tomato Curry:
Drumstick Tomato Curry is a healthy and nutritious dish. Drumstick Tomato Curry have many nutritious benefits that keep u healthy and is good for your health. Drumstick are rich in vitamin C, iron, and calcium. Tomatoes are also loaded with many many health benefits and also very rich in vitamin C.
Recipe Of Drumstick Tomato Curry:
Preparation time 30-40 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Turmeric A pinch
Curry leaves 2 springs
Salt To taste
Onion 1 medium
Green chillies 3-4
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tbsp
Coriander powder 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Coriander leaves fresh 1 bunch
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Heat oil in a pan and when the oil gets hot, add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds splutter, add cumin seeds, green chillies, curry leaves, salt and cook till the onions are browned.
2. Add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and mix well till the raw flavours are gone.
3. Add drumstick pieces, mix and put on the lid. Allow cooking for few minutes till the drumsticks are half cooked.
4. Add tomatoes, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and mix. Add required quantity of water.
5. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Finally add freshly chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
6. Serve hot with rice, naan, roti or chapatti.
Uses Of Drumstick Tomato Curry:
Drumstick Tomato Curry can be served at homes in lunch times and also can be sered at dhabas restaurants. Drumstick Tomato Curry can be served with naan, Chapati, rice, and roti or with any bread of your choice.Add to Favourites